Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
13,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Michelin says its available now so darksiders start buying. now if this is for real what will it do to the tire world

·
Registered
567 Posts
YOu beat me to it...when you think about if they are able to create motorcycle tires like this it would change alot of things. In theory it could make tires safer and eliminate flats and having to toss tires because of a puncture. Of course i think in the end they will have to put some kind of side wall on the tires to keep debris out of them which Im sure would throw off the balance.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I can see this on off road utes, Jeeps, and standard street cars but anything high performance or motorcycles; nah. Maybe one day if they perfect them or modify them for those purposes. I like them for a spare tire that never needs to have the air pressure checked but the rubber will still crack and rot. Maybe they can be compressed to take up less room then once they are released to full size they would need to be re-compressed with a machine or maybe a one-time use. I dunno. Just thinking out loud. Maybe they can be really skinny as a spare good for 200 miles or something then replaced along with the blown tire (assuming regular tires on vehicle).

I think if they become available for mainstream; I would still wait at least 5 years to see how they do on those guinea pig cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts