Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm seeking recommendations for an alarm system for my '12 XC. I would appreciate if you would respond with recommendation and reason (experience).

Thanks,

DBarnes

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just ordered one. Alarm and Immobilizer, whatever that means. Had to laugh at the listings with auto-start. I always pull my clutch in just in case someone jammed it in gear in the lot. I would never trust a manual transmission with auto-start.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
back in the day my riding buddy had a holster strap to his sissy bar with a tag on it.
You guess where the rest is
no one ever touched his bike

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
The guard dawg is basically an immobiliser with remote and keyless start. It does not have a siren and obviously then no sensor alarms. So if what you want is an alarm then guard dawg will not suffice. Having said that though guard dawg is supposed to be a brilliant product for what it does.

Something like 1/2 of all bike thefts are done by lifting the bike up (with a few dudes) so an immobiliser won't be a deterrent 1/2 the time.

From everything I've read the Scorpio alarm (latest version) with remote key fob inclusive of tamper alert is supposed to be a brilliant alarm. I've researched this thoroughly over 2 years since I've had my hammer. There are also lots of threads where guys have installed a more basic alarm that works really really well too- I suggest you do a search on alarms on here and research some more if you haven't already as there is a lot of threads on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased i900 from Scorpio. Installed it myself. Works great. 246 dollars from there web site.
Suggest you get to know your bike. Why you ask. Because you have to figure out where to put it. Location is very important. Most people I've seen put it under the seat. Not a good idea. Why you ask. Dirt from the road comes up under the seat. No room under the seat and it would get very hot in that location. I would suggest in the faring. The antenna needs to be pointed up last 3 to 6 inches (it a wire). Battery connection is in front behind the front wheel and the blinker wires have to be tapped into. There is a perimeter sensor you can purchase for 35 dollars more. The optional kill/start module should not be installed. My opinion only.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased i900 from Scorpio. Installed it myself. Works great. 246 dollars from there web site.
Suggest you get to know your bike. Why you ask. Because you have to figure out where to put it. Location is very important. Most people I've seen put it under the seat. Not a good idea. Why you ask. Dirt from the road comes up under the seat. No room under the seat and it would get very hot in that location. I would suggest in the faring. The antenna needs to be pointed up last 3 to 6 inches (it a wire). Battery connection is in front behind the front wheel and the blinker wires have to be tapped into. There is a perimeter sensor you can purchase for 35 dollars more. The optional kill/start module should not be installed. My opinion only.
Why should it not be installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you really think you will caught the person in the act of stealing the bike and hit the kill switch while the person is driving away/cold weather start might be useful in cold climate location but I don't leave mine unattended while running for a second.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Scorpio SR-i900 with the Perimeter Sensor, Iginition Disable upgrades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts