Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've owned a few bikes (mainly sports bikes). They have handle bar locks so security alarms were an after thought. Now since I have this Magnum I want one bad. Especially since I'm placing so much money into the audio and performance of the bike. What's everyone's take on a good alarm system and why?

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I had a Digital Guard dawg on my last XC and it was nice. Unless I was within 5-10 feet of it I could not start it. The keys feature was great and I was also able to remove the ignition switch. So bypassing the system requires a bit of work to get to run if you were to try to steal it. So I felt it was pretty secure and easy to use.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Good insurance with top of the limits coverage. Alarms are nice but if someone wants your bike they will get it. The good side of owning a Victory is that they have a crappy resale value and most people either don't care or even know what a Victory is so they are on the bottom of most thieves hit list.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I wonder if there is a difference between regions of the world in the presence or absence of steering locks. In N. America, the XCT does not have stock steering locks. However, it has a place where one would go. A round hole in the steering head where a soft rubber insert is placed. I have been told that laws in some areas outside of N. America mandate the presence of a steering lock so these were installed on bikes destined for these regions. The Magnum is a modified XC so I would expect it to be the same as the XCT on this issue.
On the other hand, maybe the Magnum is different. Anyone else know anything about this?

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
my 2010 Vegas has holes for a padlock on lower triple tree to frame, havent checked the 2010 XC.
Bike thieves go for Harleys, not Victorys.
Both mine are fully insured though I have to own it for a year before I can insure for agreed value which will be more than what I paid.
I carry a cable lock if I do have to park out of my sight in a dodgy place but.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I have the Victory (Scorpio) keyless ignition/alarm system on my CCT. I absolutely love it as a keyless ignition. The alarm function, IMHO, is just extra icing on the cake.

·
Registered
202 Posts
my 2010 Vegas has holes for a padlock on lower triple tree to frame, havent checked the 2010 XC.
Just turn your bars full-lock left MBX. You should see the steering lock on the rear side and roughly in the centre of the top triple clamp. It's keyed alike with the ignition key.

Cheers,

Russ.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The steering lock is not on the USA bikes and maybe not the Canadian but it is on the European and Aussie bikes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The steering lock is not on the USA bikes and maybe not the Canadian but it is on the European and Aussie bikes.
That's certainly something I wasn't aware of - thanks TNXR!

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Just turn your bars full-lock left MBX. You should see the steering lock on the rear side and roughly in the centre of the top triple clamp. It's keyed alike with the ignition key.

Cheers,

Russ.
Nope..just had a look and not on my 4/10 model

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
My buddy with a 2016 Cross Country, Havasu Red, also has a factory keyed steering stem installed. Both of our bikes were bought in Missouri. When I was looking at bikes to buy years ago, ~2013, it looked to me that only the 8 Ball versions of the XC didn’t get a stem lock installed...

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have the Victory (Scorpio) keyless ignition/alarm system on my CCT. I absolutely love it as a keyless ignition. The alarm function, IMHO, is just extra icing on the cake.
My feelings about it exactly! It is extremely convenient not having to deal with the key.

·
Registered
433 Posts
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721SJ4PH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

This works and is loud. Should keep the chicks from copping a feel while you are gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts