Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new owner of a CCT Boardwalk Blue 2013.
Picked it up Nov 11 2013.
I have been looking into alarms.
Through all my investigating I have come to a conclusion any alarm system will help keep it your bike some what secure. Parking your bike nearest to the building and sitting close to a window that you can see it from inside. I'm looking at purchasing a Scorpio i900 RFID so I will be notified if someone gets near it. I know expert thieves will find a way to make it disappear.
This is why I have bike insurance.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
By the way. I named my bike StarShip Enterprise

Telephone Guy

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Through all my investigating I have come to a conclusion any alarm system will help keep it your bike some what secure. Parking your bike nearest to the building and sitting close to a window that you can see it from inside. I'm looking at purchasing a Scorpio i900 RFID so I will be notified if someone gets near it. I know expert thieves will find a way to make it disappear.

Telephone Guy
Congrats on the XCT and welcome aboard! cheers

I'm not a believer in alarms, but surely others will chime in with suggestions. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Great bike TelephoneGuy- that would be my next bike if I had the $.

I've looked into alarms for a while now. Years ago I had a STOP alarm, which was revolutionary at the time and worked great. The Scorpio systems seem to be the way to go- the one recommended is the SR-I900.....I dont know if that is a different model from yours or not? Also the "Digitalguarddawg.com" system seems quite popular with riders on this site, but note it does not have a siren- it's mainly a immobilizer and keyless system. And lastly a few guys have also installed the Gorilla 8007 alarm themselves (which is cheap and an easy install by all accounts) and swear by it. So there are a few choices for you out there.

If you do a search (click on the Search icon above next to New Posts) on alarms you'll see this is a common topic.

Happy riding thumb up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Krisd for this info.
Good speed to you getting your CCT.
I know I made the right decision when I test rode it and received 1000 off the purchase price from the dealer. I also received 1000 off x military.
Ride safe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Krisd
I don't know if you know about the new Scorpio i1100 alarm just came out and it works with your smart phone and is just like the LoJack system. The app you download to your iPhone is free. So you can tell the police where you bike is going without you on it cause it has GPS. Insurance company will not give you a price break unless it is a LoJack system. Go figure

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
No I didnt know that- thanks for the heads up thumb up
I wonder if the smart phone software will work in Australia- we are usually the last place to get anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Telephone Guy
That is what I bought for my 2012 CCT, and have been very happy with it. I particularly like the perimeter feature.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Check out Digital Guard dog. not really an alarm per say but it will keep it safer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts