Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered and put on the Alaska Leather black sheepskin buttpad. I wanted to post because the site says Victory bikes should use the large size, but I measured and found the large looked like it would be way too big so I got the medium even though I saw it wasn't going to fill up the entire seat.

It's not gonna win any beauty contests, but I took a quick ride and really liked the feel. I'm sure it will be nice to have on those longer trips.

http://alaskaleather.com/collections/sheepskin-buttpads

I noticed they have a medium-long size available, that may have worked better, but in case you wanted to see what the fit looked like for the medium, here ya go -

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Those are great. I don't use the straps. I simply put mine in the saddlebag when done. Never gets wet and stays a bit cooler on the first sit.

·
12,970 Posts
I went to a local gold wing shop and picked up one last summer.
So happy I did great on the butt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think this is officially padded, it seems like it's just the sheepskin sewn/glued into the base skin... but it is pretty thick and slightly cushy I'd say. It does not have a gel or form padding like feel, it's still sorta like the stock seat but a little softer.

I'm hopeful it will make a big difference on longer rides though as my tailbone starts to bother me after about 2 hours on the stock seat alone.. I'll report back for sure once I've had it out for a while.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I bought one of these years ago. Liked it, but something was missing.... Bought a pair of underwear that had a perforated gel pad sewn into them. Good idea, except you looked like you had taken a dump in your pants when you were walking around. Unstitched the pad from the underwear (basically UnderArmor... very nice while riding). Attached the pad to bottom of sheepskin with a thin bead of silicone (won't get hard or brittle), then whipstitched it to the pad in about 5 spots. Now for long trips I use the MonkeyButt powder; UnderArmor underwear, and throw on the sheepskin pad with the perforated gel pad attached. VERY comfortable for 12-13 hour days in the saddle.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I used an Alaska Leather sheepskin and liked it. Darned if I can't remember what happened to it. I probably left it in a bike a traded in.

For my Victory I bought a ProPad sheepskin/gel combo and I like it a lot.

http://www.thepropad.com/sheepskin-seat-pads/

My wife liked it too so I had to buy another, then we both liked them and I bought two more for the truck. $$$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts