Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backed by seemingly popular demand , I hereby deliver the first Victory Forums Alcohol Connoisseur Thread . You must be at least 21 years of age to post here . I will start , alcohol is great , I like Bacardi Rum , J.D. Tennessee Honey , flavored Vodka's and Beer . But , if you put it in front of me , I will probably drink it , and most certainly will enjoy it ! cheerscheerscheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Red Stag too , good choice ... I even tried the black cherry Jim Beam , also good stuff .

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like a beer. Deuchars IPA is my favoured one just now, although any proper cask conditioned beer is nice. Will also drink Guiness.

I also like a dram. Highland Park with a drop of water or a nice Macallan. For medicinal purposes only of course.:)

In hot weather a Gin & Tonic is refreshing also. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take my medicine daily .... :D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
And now for a toast : May the sun shine bright and warm,
May the snow melt and the Flowers be born,
So I can ride along side the river and
cleanse my old and tired liver. :crzy:

Aye ya poor bastards. cheers

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I come from a long line of scotch drinkers and there's a bottle of Balvenie sitting out in the garage ice cold, right next to Johnny Walker Red.

That being said I drink Bacardi rum most of the time at the end of the day.

Beers- all kinds but not a fan of IPAs and really hoppy stuff.

A Macanudo can add a lot of pleasure to the evening relaxation too.

It's all good.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Potato Head , where in Ma are you , I'm in Westford , grew up in Glousta . We should get together for a ride and a couple Bacardi's ! cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Red Stag is good, craft beers and moonshine (legal variety). I also make my own from time to time. Currently that would be hard cider.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Almost anything brewed by Sam Adams- especially the seasonal brews. (cold snap is awesome) Dozens of other medium/ brown lagers from a variety of the small & microbrewerys.

Not big on any hard stuff as a rule, but if I had to pick something- vodka in the form of a simple mix like a vodka cranberry or jello shooters. Also Kaluha based drinks. As you can tell- I generally don't care for any hard stuff straight up.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like a good Lager. I can barely choke down any of the adjuncts..... Bud, MIller, Coors, etc. I like Yuengling lager. Not sure if it's adjunct, but if it is, they mask the corn flavor VERY WELL ! . The beer I'm sipping right now is Blue Moon Belgian White. Not my favorite, by a long shot, but it's a good change up. Also, if you can find Well's Brewery "Banana Bread"... It's nothing short of amazing !

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well since I don't drink any more, I should not be posting here, but guess what I am... Back in the day I started with at least a 12 pack of beer (most times Michelob light) moved to a liter of two finger tequila, then my night cap would be back to the beer, needless to say I am a recovering alcoholic, but have not had more than one beer at a time in over 7 years. If I got off my normal drink I liked jim bean, jack, knob creek, 1800, Hennessy, patron. get the picture, I liked to drink. It was nothing for me to run up a $300 plus bar tab on a weekly basis, not counting what I drank at home or other bars, I would cash my check at the bar and pay my tab before ever spending a dime elsewhere.

In late 2006 early 2007, I was basically broke, lived paycheck to paycheck just to drink, and told myself that if I could quit drinking I could have the baddest Harley ever made, bought a 2007 Screamin Eagle Dyna in april of 2007, have not really drank since, still broke as all get up, but not all of it my doing as it was before.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Im a beer guy too. Sam adams, shipyard, allagash brewing sebago brewing. Im a really big fan of jameson and gingerale, the JD honey is good. lately the miss's has had me drinking wine. The sweeter stuff aint bad but stay away from the dry. Makes for quite the hangover if you have too much compared to beer or whiskey. Ill try anything once, maybe twice just to make sure ;) cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am more then likely a functioning alcoholic , been drinking over 20 years , I love it but I know the time is coming to either quit or skin it waaay back . I get up at 4a.m. every morning , have a good breakfast then straight to the gym for a heavy workout before going to work . I never drink at work , but after work ? Whooaaa Baby . I eat a very clean diet and am in good shape . I attribute my continuing good health on my keeping in shape and good nutrition . I do not smoke or do any drugs of any kind . But , if I have a day off I may start partaking before noon ....thumb upcheers:Dcheers Hell , Im getting thirsty !;)

Reactions: beard_life

·
Registered
537 Posts
Boodles Gin & Tonic with a twist of lemon.....

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Is this the thread where we discuss the brake pads? The brake pad thread has become a drinking thread.

I enjoy a micro-brewery IPA, something most of them make. I also drink Canadian (rye) whiskey.

I have experienced people just drinking for alcohol content. My son and I were in a nice Mexican restaurant and I ordered a margarita. When it arrived I commented that it was not as nice as at most place. His response was that I could probably get a buzz from it so why complain. I don't think he knows you can actually enjoy a drink that is well made.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No brake pads allowed !!! I like a good strong "great tasting " drink myself .... You want it to be enjoyable while also serving other purposes .thumb up

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anything brewed by Blue Moon, good Vodka is my go to. Occasional Lynchburg Lemonade. Maybe some Angry Orchard, gluten free. Trying to keep my 60 pounds off lost in the last year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hey Potato Head , where in Ma are you , I'm in Westford , grew up in Glousta . We should get together for a ride and a couple Bacardi's ! cheers
Well howdy neighbor- I am in Chelmsford. I worked in Westford for 21 years before I retired in 2011. I never grew up cheers

My new XCT is still over at 3A Motors - taking time getting it ready for delivery and keeping it stored for me. Despite the sn ow predictions I think I will pick it up late next week because I just know there's a 50+ degree day gonna pop up soon and riding I will go.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my Hammer at Rt 3 A . Jimmy over there is always a hoot and a great guy . We are definitely neighbors , could be mere miles apart ! I don't want to hijack my own thread , PM you soon . cheers

1 - 20 of 97 Posts