Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, This will be my first Victory and I'm having trouble getting going. I seem to be having a fuel issue on my 2001 V92SC. Someone please tell me where on this site would be a good starting point for my questions

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT.

When you turn on the key, do you hear the fuel pump prime up? What makes you think you are having a fueling issue? What are your symptoms? What troubleshooting have you already performed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct forum heading?

I'd been wanting a Victory for a long time. All my buddies ride Harleys and it seems they are always throwing money at them. I am poor, meaning I survive on disability. That doesn't stop me from wanting to ride American Iron. I happened onto a 2001 V92SC. It had been in a minor accident in which the tank was struck by the right control cluster and tore a hole. The tank had been poorly welded and leaked. I tried additional welding with patch steel but it was to far gone and deformed badly. I got another tank (used) The old owner said it needed a new fuel pump and recommended a less expensive brand (part #E2000) psi and gph were way high but I tried it anyway. It stopped working almost immediately. I now have a Airtex E-8445 hooked up. The numbers are almost dead on as far as matching specs. The pump cycles on for a second then shuts off. No fuel at the bleeder. I've already dismantled the whole fuel system from throttle body and injectors back to tank. O-rings proved difficult to find. I put the double lead to positive and the single lead to ground as per electrical schematic. Pump is rated at 52 psi and delivers about 3 gallons per hour. When I took it apart this time (location is under the mono-shock behind the battery box buried in front of the swing arm WTF? ) it had been cycling for about two seconds but was dry????? I've been wrenching on my own vehicles my entire life and this one has me stumped!! Any and all wrenchers ..........I'm asking. What am I doing wrong and what cross referenced pump will do the same job?? ( I can't afford Victorys 270.00 fuel pump)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts