Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if the commercials are national or not.

Has anyone else noticed that the Allstate Insurance commercials always have a Victory bike in them?

The last 4 or 5 commercials over the past few years always have a Victory in them.

Someone at Allstate must love Vic's!!thumb upthumb up

·
13,247 Posts
Yes here in minnesota there on quite a bit. I think you can get a better price on insurance then what they would offer you.
Diamond did you ever find that patch you were looking for.

·
Registered
307 Posts
just curious i am in canada and i pay 1500 to ride for a year which includes theft collision and liabilty was wondering what are some of the rates you guys that are in the states pay and what does it cover?I was told the insurance isnt to expensive but you need medical on top that?I am not really sure how it works in the States was hoping someone give explain it to me.I feel 1500 to ride in canada were if your lucky you get 6 months is way to much.I remember back when i was young it was like 500.Up were i am we only have government insurance there is no private insurance companies but i sure hope it comes one day as i think compition will lower the rates.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Allstate rocks.

I was concerned for a while though. When i added my 1st bike, it was $1000/year. I was taken aback, but waited to look into other options.

Checked out Progressive for the same bike: $330/yr.

When I bought the Hammer, i just added it to my Allstate out of convenience.

So I talk to my agent... Hammer: $200/yr! Then they dropped the Gixxer down to $350 and each of my cars dropped a bit too. When you stack policies, you get big discounts. I could not be more happy.

So when I had my mishap on the Hammer, it needed $4k in repairs, Allstate had me a check within days. My dealer said i was LUCKY that I didn't have Progressive. He says Progressive is easy to get and low prices, but when it comes to a claim, they run you through the ringer and try to opt-out on anything they can to screw you. He said he's seen it countless times in his dealings with them.

He said Allstate is one of the best when it comes to claims.

So I'll stick with Allstate. Paying out on a claim is more important to me than how easy the payments are. Plus now, my payments are actually lower anyway!

·
Registered
316 Posts
just curious i am in canada and i pay 1500 to ride for a year which includes theft collision and liabilty was wondering what are some of the rates you guys that are in the states pay and what does it cover?I was told the insurance isnt to expensive but you need medical on top that?I am not really sure how it works in the States was hoping someone give explain it to me.I feel 1500 to ride in canada were if your lucky you get 6 months is way to much.I remember back when i was young it was like 500.Up were i am we only have government insurance there is no private insurance companies but i sure hope it comes one day as i think compition will lower the rates.
I'm using Jevco and pay $600 a year for full coverage

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 on the Jevco up here in Canada. They are based out of Montreal but most any insurance company can get a policy through them. I'm about the same as miles for my JP. Full coverage and I think the deductable is $500.
Like you say....up here we DO pay more for a shorter riding season but thats about the best I found.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I chose Progressive because they offered the best value. I have an umbrella policy that requires I carry the $250K/$500Kpolicy levels. Progressive understood the umbrella thing and did not charge me an additional "multiplier" that Allstate, State Farm, Nationwide and even a few "no name" providers wanted to do.

Heck, my brother-in-law OWNS an insurance company and has something like 4 different carriers and even he was not able to come within 50% MORE than progressives rate. With exceptional credit & no moving violations and never an accident $470/year for 250K/500K full coverage on a 2011 Ness XC. He told me...buy it from Progressive because the companies we represent aren't up to speed on the newer models and therefore they charge you more. A friend of mine is an adjuster and he stated that progressive is really no different any any other company regarding how they pay for things.

This policy also provides a brand new "current model" version of the bike I own if it is totaled, not just a "replacement value". So, if it is totaled in 2013 (and I survive), they would replace it with a Cory Ness edition of that years Cross Country model or equivalent. Not bad to be able to drive a bike for two years and get a new bike without having to pay a dime. Granted, I don't want that scenario to occur as it would likely include me also enduring significant damage but that's why we buy insurance in the first place, ,isn't it? After all, its us, the public who are essentially "Betting that we will get in an accident". If you wanted to bet you would not get in an accident, you wouldn't buy insurnace, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Progressive Ins.

Just so you know as this may concern you.

Peter B. Lewis – Chairman of Progressive Corp, the 3rd largest automobile insurer. Lewis is worth an estimated $1.6 Billion.

Donations to leftwing 527 Groups by big money for the 2004 Election!
Lewis – $22.9 Million
Joint Victory Committee-$16M ( this group combined the 3 largest 527s to defeat George W. Bush)
America Coming Together(ACT) – $3M (AFL-CIO,Sierra Club & pro-abortion Emily’s List)
MoveOn.Org – $2.5M
George Soros – $23.5 Million
Stephen Bing – $13.9 Million

Lewis is an addicted Marijuana Smoker. He’s an advocate for the legalization of marijuana, not just for medical marijuana.

In 2000, Lewis made the kind of news uncommon among billionaires: He was arrested after customs agents found 1.7 ounces of marijuana and 2 ounces of hashish in his luggage at a New Zealand airport. He later admitted to three charges of importing drugs. He also freely admitted that he was a regular marijuana smoker. The charges were dropped when the insurance magnate agreed to make a donation to a drug rehabilitation center.

This incident may have helped to raise Lewis’ political consciousness, as they say. A year later he became the largest single donor to the American Civil Liberties Union. Significantly, there were minor “strings attached” to his $7 million gift — namely, that $5 million be earmarked for the ACLU’s drug-policy litigation project, which challenges laws on drug testing in schools and on the medicinal use of marijuana.

In 2003, Lewis’ foundation, the Place Fund, gave 4,122 shares of Progressive Corp. stock valued at $293,432 to the Marijuana Policy Project and 665 shares of the stock valued at $49,965 to the Drug Policy Foundation of Washington.

In 2002 Progressive shares valued at about $199,000 went to the Marijuana Policy Project and 6,633 shares of Progressive valued at $998,598 went to the Drug Policy Alliance. The Tides Foundation, a major funder of leftist causes, also received 6,633 shares of Progressive stock.

Just in case you carry Progressive Insurance you might want to rethink that policy. You premiums support radical left wing organizations and the communistic ACLU.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just so you know as this may concern you...

Just in case you carry Progressive Insurance you might want to rethink that policy. You premiums support radical left wing organizations and the communistic ACLU.
Madfoxx - NOPE! Doesn't concern me in the least. I've actually never done ANY drugs but am for a women's (and mans) rights to control their own body as well as that of their progeny. Once you make the money, you can spend it ANY way you want too. There are far more of us more than willing to save some $'s and don't mind his political motivations.

Personally, I am politically agnostic. I think that both of the current major parties have MAJOR flaws and would more likely support an independent than I would either the blue or the red. Does the abuse of you elected officials prevent you from being an American citizen? I don't care which political party you claim as your own, they have all abused their position for their own interest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts