Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Penticton British Columbia. I have a dilema. I want a new Victory but I doin't want to give up my 2009 Suzuki c90T. I have 4.000 work of options on it and I was wondering how much I would have to spend if I do Trade in addition to the trade difference. Will I need a custum seat ( as usual) Can I go to Stage 3 pretty simply? Are after Market parts readily available for Victories? Will I spend another $4,000 to make it comfortable like my c90? I always ride 2 up and I ride 18-20,000 miles per year. In the winter I ride in Arizona. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking at a crossroads tour. Anyone trade a c90 for one of these and what do you think of it?
Thanks bcflyguy:)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
To answer some of your questions:

You may be one of the majority and find the XR seat is more comfortable than any other OEM you've ever sat on. Very few people mod or replace their seat and you really need to demo a bike to see how the XR and your butt get along.

Options really don't do much for your value on trade-in. You would probably be better off putting factory parts back on your Zuki and selling the aftermarket parts.

There is no 3rd stage available for the X bikes but you can improve the HP/torque considerably with cams / Power Controller V / the right exhaust and spend a lot less than $4000 doing it.

Aftermarket is getting better but is still weak compared to HD. Google Noemtz, Witchdoctor Victory, HMD520, Kewlmetal, and Cycleops Victory to see most of the custom options. For a little more google Arlen Ness and download their catalog.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for this helpfull information
bcflyguy aka Neil

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for this helpfull information
bcflyguy aka Neil
I am now looking at the cross country. More of a touring bike. Same seat??? Is stage 1 all that you can get? Thanks Neil :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Neil,
The XC is pretty much a XR with a fairing and tunes so if you're looking for more of a tourer you may want to go all the way to XCT. The XCT has everything the XC has and adds a trunk, better wind management and lower fairings. To answer the seat question the XC and XCT seat are wider than the XR seat.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neil,
The XC is pretty much a XR with a fairing and tunes so if you're looking for more of a tourer you may want to go all the way to XCT. The XCT has everything the XC has and adds a trunk, better wind management and lower fairings. To answer the seat question the XC and XCT seat are wider than the XR seat.
Thanks fot your input. I am almost there. Will be making an offer tomorrow
bcflyguy:)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
"XC and XCT seat are wider than the XR seat"

I thought so, but I couldn't seem to confirm this. :) Will the XC seat fit on an XR? Any improvement in comfort? (In anyones humble opinion)

Sorry to hijack the thread. :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The differences between the XC/XCT seat and the XR (2011 and up) are that the XC/XCT seat has a thicker drivers section and a wider/thicker passenger section. Victory changed the XR seat starting in 2011 because they started offering the leather bag option. Since the leather bags open toward the seat rather than away from the seat the passenger section of the seat had to be narrowed to allow full opening of the leather bags.

Simply put you can put a XC/XCT seat on a XR but the seat will interfere with leather bag opening and you will not be able to fully open leather bags.

Quite a few XC owners have swapped to a XR seat because the seat has a lower profile. If you're interested in a XC/XCT seat post a WTB ad in the classified section or the Cross Country and Cross Roads section of the forums and keep you fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Thanks ammo! Great explanation!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's my calling!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts