Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure how some of you feel about the Victory saddlebags, but for me they just don't seem like they are very practical. And here's why I think that.

Their lock and ride system leaves me wondering how easy it would be for 'Joe Schmoe' to walk past my bike and just slide the bags off the mounting system, as they don't lock on their peg system. Secondly the bags themselves don't have a locking mechanism. Leaving me wondering about theft again.

So in my quest for aftermarket parts I called the Easy Brackets manufacturer and guess what?!?!!? The following link was apparently released less than a month ago.

http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.php/easy-brackets-quick-detachable-saddlebag-system/2013-and-newer-victory-boardwalk.html

Apparently this system wont work for those of you who have Vic's sissy bar. But the fella that makes all these things says he currently has a prototype that will be available in roughly a month.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are those brackets to secure the lock and ride bags or some other bags?

I don't like having quick detach anything on my bike. I was on a trip on a street glide with a quick detach tour pack. Those things cost about $1,000 each and it would take literally 10 seconds to get it off the bike. So each night we stayed at the hotel, we would take it off and bring it in the room with us for safe keeping. Having to lug that damn heavy and awkward tour pack around for a week has completely put me off of having anything quickly detach.

I've been thinking about either getting someone to make some hard bags to fit the lines of the boardwalk fender or just getting large leather bags. I have the true dual exhaust so the bags I can fit are much bigger than what Vic offers and they would just look weird with all that extra unused space. I'm not as concerned about theft out of my saddlebags, but if I could lock them that would certainly be a plus.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These brackets are to attach ANY bag to our bike and make it to where it is easily removed. The difference in this setup vs the lock and ride from Victory is this..... These brackets have a lock on them and prevent any theft of the bags due to the lock. They also have a tote and go system to where you can easily haul around your bags if you want.

On a side note i just realized that the original link i posted isnt working today so here is an instructional video and then the website.

http://youtu.be/Q4IDuhbovyA

https://www.easybrackets.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fantastic idea, wish i'd seen this before i spent $1500 AUD getting the genuine bags for my boardwalk!
They are great, but the plastic clips are disappointing considering the price & the bags are a bit smaller then i would have expected.
still love them though but i'll just work out a way to attach a padlock for when i go away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately they don't make one for the BW.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nobody makes anything for the Boardwalk...
Shisno, the links that I provided are specifically for the boardwalk. It has me excited for the future. cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope is on the horizon

Ive been in touch with their fabricator and he has my number on file. When the prototype is given the go ahead and there are no more mods to deal with for the brackets i will be getting the first set that they sell.

Now to be clear these brackets will not work for the Lock and Ride bags. But apparently these brackets will allow us to use the Lock and Ride sissy bar with after market bags. All the while giving us ease of access to quickly change out parts and being able to actually LOCK our bags on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saddle bags

Just what I am looking for happy to purchase the second set just cant see in the value in the originals thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive been in touch with their fabricator and he has my number on file. When the prototype is given the go ahead and there are no more mods to deal with for the brackets i will be getting the first set that they sell.

Now to be clear these brackets will not work for the Lock and Ride bags. But apparently these brackets will allow us to use the Lock and Ride sissy bar with after market bags. All the while giving us ease of access to quickly change out parts and being able to actually LOCK our bags on the bike.
This is great news. I'm really anxious to see the finished product. I'm thinking of waiting til they come out, if I like em, I buy them and have someone make some large custom hard bags to match the rear fender.

I'm excited now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news!!!

Well, they finally made those brackets that work with the OEM sissy bar for me and I received them in the mail today!!! I should have it all together inside the next week or so (still waiting on my lock and ride spools). Then Ill post some pics.... of course now I guess I need to find the bags I want.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saddlebags

Thanks for the link and great job chasing these up I thinking Rondo or viking bags cant wait to see what you choose then I will decide
many thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saddle bags

Have ordered my easy brackets will take a couple of weeks to get to Australia then I will buys some bags all going well this will be a great solution at big saving on originals

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Have ordered my easy brackets will take a couple of weeks to get to Australia then I will buys some bags all going well this will be a great solution at big saving on originals
I used Easybrackets on my Vegas, they work great!
The only time I remove them is for a rear tyre change,
although next time I run down the 1/4 mile Ill take them off as the bags must add some drag up around 100mph.
I cut the middle out of my old throwover bags and stiffened the inside back with 3mm perspex Sikaflexed inside then bolted them to the brackets.
Works a treat!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I finally ordered the bags for my bike and I will be installing them in a matter of a few days. Ready for some storage for quick trips and my friggin hat. :ltr:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well finally bought some aftermarket bags for Ruby. Installed with easy brackets. Really enjoy being able to easily take the bags off and on, but also physically lock them on the bike to prevent theft. Down side? Gaps on either side of the fender.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts