Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I dont know seems kind of like cheaping out to me. I love my vic. ITs going to be around for awhile. If I bought some beater bike for a couple grand that wasn't my "dream bike" It would be a cool option. But my Vic is literally my dream bike. Not going to crap it up with decals. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know seems kind of like cheaping out to me. I love my vic. ITs going to be around for awhile. If I bought some beater bike for a couple grand that wasn't my "dream bike" It would be a cool option. But my Vic is literally my dream bike. Not going to crap it up with decals. Just my opinion of course.
Absolutely- I agree BigBK. Decals would be a cheap alternative for sure, maybe on a second bike as you say yeah thumb up

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have to agree that decals would be a "cheap out" option, regardless of how cool they are. That's just me though. In the end I have to revert to my standby statement and say to do whatever makes you smile.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Absolutely- I agree BigBK. Decals would be a cheap alternative for sure, maybe on a second bike as you say yeah thumb up
I have to agree that decals would be a "cheap out" option, regardless of how cool they are. That's just me though. In the end I have to revert to my standby statement and say to do whatever makes you smile.

Some of us simply can't afford expensive custom painting. Some of these "decals" are of very high quality and last a long time. I have some on mine and from 5 ft away, you can't tell they are vinyl. Heck, many many car dealers have been putting them on their vehicles and in fact, you can get some of it direct from the factory. What's the difference? They aren't clear coated either. I, myself, have been applying 3M striping and decals on vehicles for a number of years and that stuff lasts forever.

I think some folk have seen some bad product in the past and are now biased. (not sayin you guys are but, just sayin)

"Average Joe" is not lookin to have a "show quality" scoot... just a personalized one that looks good.

One benefit to such "decals" is you can remove them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Honestly I had thought all these Cross Country's with flames were all vinyl until I saw a few posts on here for people looking for a painted fender to match.

I had ridden the green one with flames a couple times and really always thought they were vinyl.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Honestly I had thought all these Cross Country's with flames were all vinyl until I saw a few posts on here for people looking for a painted fender to match.

I had ridden the green one with flames a couple times and really always thought they were vinyl.

That suggests to me a person can't tell the difference LOL! :ltr: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts