Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
They have the Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wire sets (8mm and 10.4mm) for Victory motorcycles from approximately $18 - $23.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Never had any radio noise from plug wires.
I didn't feel any more power but I swear the motor ran smoother.
I get zero radio noise...zilch!
Then again I dont have a radio.:grin
Stereophonic RPW Slash plays my song.
Stock wires work ok for me so far so good.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
They have the Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wire sets (8mm and 10.4mm) for Victory motorcycles from approximately $18 - $23.
Edit: Found them. I had a script blocker on that didn't let me see the search vehicle option.

Great find Rainmans!! Great find indeed! Did you share it on the other forum yet? If you don't want to I will.

Edit 2: Note: This company is in Canada so the shipping is more for here in the USA. An $18 set of 10.4mm plug wires will cost $12 to ship making the set cost a total of $30 which is still far better than some prices I've seen but it's better to be aware of that ahead of time so the shipping cost doesn't shock you.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A Couple other things I gleaned from the Taylor plug wire site (thanks again Rainmans) is the options changed once the site knew I was not in Canada. No more option for red or blue for instance and the price went from $19 to $23.xx. Something is hinkey about the site. Something in the code is wrong. It needs work. The price change is probably just a conversion from CA to USA money. Not sure about the lack of options though. Black wires are just fine but it is nice to have the option of red or blue as well.

·
13,318 Posts
now my plug wire have a small nipple that plugs into the coil not the standard size. can't add photo for some reason

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Taylor Thundervolt Wires

I've run the Taylor Thundervolt wires on several bikes and they work just fine. Got the blue ones on now. Look good too.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I ordered a set of the red 409 10.4mm from Tayorvertex so I'll be able to give a report on fit. I'm sure if they fit they will work well. With 2008 and newer Vic's it's all about the fit on the coil end. Total cost with shipping was $31; still a lot better than many other places and the important thing is they will likely keep making them as long as the company is in existence.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I received these today and the short wire was supposed to have a straight coil boot but they sent two 90 degree coil boots. The length was correct but they didn't have the little ridge on the end of the copper piece on the coil end that makes it snap into place with that audible snap. I installed them anyway and made them work but am a little disappointed. I even sent an email to verify they were shipping the right wires and they sent me a picture of the right ones they said they shipped but they weren't what they shipped.

The wires are very well made and high quality. I sent them a nice email letting them know what I found so the ball is in their court.

I can't recommend the Taylor wires at this time because they don't fit our Victory's properly. If they correct this mistake I'll come back and post it here.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I can't recommend the Taylor wires at this time because they don't fit our Victory's properly. If they correct this mistake I'll come back and post it here.
Even an honest mistake on their part is frustrating on your part.

Reactions: BenD and BBob

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Even an honest mistake on their part is frustrating on your part.
I agree so that's why I hope they come back with a solution. At this time they are telling me they are looking into it.

The thing that has me really puzzled is they have sold these wires before so the previous customers must have noticed a difference unless for some reason I was sent a different set.

I think I mentioned their website was wonky so maybe it somehow ordered a set for a Harley or other bike instead of the 2011 Vic XC I did order. The site didn't work right in Firefox or Chrome. It was likely made for IE and never tested on other popular browsers.

·
13,318 Posts
I'll try this again. The bass colored are normal spark plug ends.
The silver colored are the ones that are used in my vision and all vic's.
So what ends are your BBob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
VJ, the word you were looking for is "brass". Bass is a fish.

Here are some shots to see if you can tell. Only the Victory ones have the ridges on the coil end and it looks like they are brass.

I even pull the 10.4 mm off the coil on the bike so you can see it. How well; I don't know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In the first pic the top two sets were made to Victory specs for Victory.

In the 2nd and 3rd pic are close ups of the Victory red wires at the coil end.

In the 4th pic it's the Taylor wires on the coil. Notice they are both 90 degree end when one should be straight.

The 5th pic is the Taylor 10.4 mm hanging down after I pulled it from the coil so you can see the brass end better. Note: No ridge like on the made-for-Victory wires.

Maybe someone knows more about it but I get the impression it isn't whether they are brass or some kind of steel alloy; it's that ridge around the top that makes it a Victory fit. Maybe I'm completely off base.

·
13,318 Posts
I was trying to say about the shape of the ends not the color. All so normal plug wires I don't believe will fit in the coil

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I was trying to say about the shape of the ends not the color. All so normal plug wires I don't believe will fit in the coil
What makes you think that? They do fit; they just don't snap in due to not having the ring or ridge around the top. Hopefully you can see that ring/ridge in the pics or lack of them in the non Victory wires.

If you put a little dielectric grease around the outside of the post on the coil; the boot will create a seal and stay put as well.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Lloyds just had his Thundervolts "Best Spark Plugs Wires You Can Buy for your money" on sale at 10% off with Free Shipping. That worked for me so I have a blue set on order.

If you're not on Lloyds email list you may want to consider signing up for it. It's free and he doesn't fill your inbox with email for the sake of sending you email.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts