Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Thanks to BBob and this thread I got a set of ford focus 8mm silicon plug wires for a cool $14!!! Work and look great. Tough to justify $50 plus for plugs unless you have extensive motor work. Thanks for the great info. BBob has done a great job trying to keep finding alternative parts for our bikes. Please keep the good work.
That is awsome .... Good job on this info ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,404 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to necro this old thread, I've got a 2013 hardball, live in Canada, and don't want to hassle of paying cross border duty and taxes and the conversion and all that bullshit.
Can anyone recommend a Canadian site that would be good to buy from? I've checked FORTNINE, and nothing says that the wires are the exact fit, and I don't want to buy them and not have the ends lock in place securely.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Any workshop that can make up leads can make you a set copying off the old ones
I had a performance auto shop make mine up for the Vegas and XC using MSD red wires and Aeroflow spark plugs boots,
I think he mentioned something about the coil connections being same as LS1 Chev.
Never missed a beat.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Good luck @Icarium81 . I spent a lot of time trying to get someone to make a set with no luck. It's pretty simple and I could have done it myself but nobody in this area has the right pieces. Napa, garages, etc, nope. In larger centre's there are some race shops that will more than likely have the parts but by the time you're finished with those guys you might as well buy them from WitchDoctors.

Alternatively, they may or may not fit so you could take them with you and compare Spark Plug Wire Alternatives

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sort of an update. Ordered the wires and a couple other things from witchdoctors 2 weeks ago, they not only haven't processed the order, it seems like they haven't even seen it yet. No response either from emails trying to contact them.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sort of an update. Ordered the wires and a couple other things from witchdoctors 2 weeks ago, they not only haven't processed the order, it seems like they haven't even seen it yet. No response either from emails trying to contact them.

That would be very unusual I've ordered a few things from them and never had an issue.

Reactions: rainman123

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Call them
That would be very unusual I've ordered a few things from them and never had an issue.
Call them. They have great customer service.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
23 Posts
They have terrible customer service via email and phone calls, as in NONE. But one of their guys was tagged in a FB group and let us know that it was the LED headlight bulb that was holding it up. Despite showing ad being in stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Turns out I ordered wires for no fkn reason, they don't snap in to place like the OEM ones, certainly do NOT feel like they've been securely attached to ANYTHING, just sort of a bit of a rubber boot pushed over a small piece of plastic pipe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I posted this in the other forum but wanted to make sure the info was here too.

From what I can tell; the common car plug wires (8mm or larger) work fine on my 2004 KP but they didn't work on my 2011 XC because there's a ridge near the top of the metal/copper connector that snaps into the coil. The plug end is no problem. The only reason I can think of for Polaris/Victory to do this is make sure the wire didn't walk out of the coil. Also the boot on the coil end is shorter than normal so I sacrificed one of the yellow wires by cutting the boot down to fit but no joy; it still didn't snap in like it should have.

There may be a way to alter the end or there may be other makes and models of something other than Victory that uses this design. If I worked at an Auto Zone or other auto parts store I could maybe check everything in stock to see. I may stop by one just to see if anyone recognizes this little difference. It isn't just to avoid paying $40 plus bucks; at some point a difference source may need to be found as less and less shops carry these basic items.

I can't say for sure but I believe pre-2006 bikes will for sure use the standard style plug wires. If people who have later model steel frame bikes want to pull their coil end plug wire to see if there's a little ridge around the top; we can add that info to this thread as well.

It would be great if techs like KevinX had more time to peruse these forums like he used to when he worked at a dealership but with their own shops; they are far too busy to do that any more. Maybe someone can ask Kevin, Rylan, Kyle, or any other good Victory tech/Mech.
Had the exact same problem with the Taylor wires with 2 different sets. The set that was on the bike when I got it the boot on the 90 degree would never go on all the way. It eventually probably due to arcing ate away at the brass connector and also corroded green.It would never snap into place or push off to the side of the pin in the coil. I bought a new set and have the exact same issue getting it to slip on properly as the boot just slips back about 3/16". I can take the other wire with the straight end, put it on that position for the 90 and it connects perfectly as do the stock wires.I am convinced it is due to the wire itself does not make that 90 turn so the metal connector is too long and moves around to easily and or the opening is a bit to smae and the pressure needed to slip on caon br acheived as the connector just pushes back into the boot so even though it will run the bike it has no real connection. I got a call into Taylor and am waiting for a reply. Funny thing is I had a set on my 04 and never had this issue.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Turns out I ordered wires for no fkn reason, they don't snap in to place like the OEM ones, certainly do NOT feel like they've been securely attached to ANYTHING, just sort of a bit of a rubber boot pushed over a small piece of plastic pipe.
Had the exact same problem with the Taylor wires with 2 different sets. The set that was on the bike when I got it the boot on the 90 degree would never go on all the way. It eventually probably due to arcing ate away at the brass connector and also corroded green.It would never snap into place or push off to the side of the pin in the coil. I bought a new set and have the exact same issue getting it to slip on properly as the boot just slips back about 3/16". I can take the other wire with the straight end, put it on that position for the 90 and it connects perfectly as do the stock wires.I am convinced it is due to the wire itself does not make that 90 turn so the metal connector is too long and moves around to easily and or the opening is a bit to small and the pressure needed to slip on cannot be achieved as the connector just pushes back into the boot so even though it will run the bike it has no real connection. I got a call into Taylor and am waiting for a reply. Funny thing is I had a set on my 04 and never had this issue.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I’ve got a suggestion when I have a vehicle that I want to keep I buy magnecore’s .
You put them on and forget them. They will outlast the engine they go on.
They are more expensive but it is a rare case where you actually get what you pay for.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts