Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are partially hidden on these bikes but always check the rear.

Felt off coming home from work Friday.

Have a screw/nail whatever embedded on right side and the left side the tread is separating.

From E4 to E0.

I'll look for an Avon now since I'm happy with that on the front. Can't really say that brand contributed to this. I was already planning on an Avon anyway to try it out. E3 sucked but I found the E4 decent.

Automotive tire Hood Window Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
364 Posts
How long ago did you put that on? If less than a year I would get ahold of wherever you got it from and make a complaint. That does not look like road damage and there is no excuse for a newer tire to come apart like that.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a new tire. Picture is the left side, nail or something is embedded in right side. It's possible I ran over something in the dark. Definitely odd damage but I've seen postings of other tires on XC bikes with chunks of tread missing. So it's a thing but my first time seeing it. Just happy I paid attention to the feel of the bike and checked for the trouble.

When I demount the tire I'll get a better look at it. Not touching it until then. I'm not wanting it to blow out in my face. Could be something cut into it. I've had that happen with long nail spinning in the hole cutting up a past tire.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
On my Venture I had a brand new like 1500 mile Michelin I think. I ran over something sharp, cut the tread and it went soft. It had like a 3/4" cut so no fixing it. That was a couple of hundred your not getting back. What is the date code on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts