Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss my Harleys. This bike runs good and is real smoothe. Probably too smoothe. It doesn't feel like a motorcycle to me. My Harleys were both Dynas. So, there were no vibes to feel at speed. But at idle it shook pretty good. To me... Thats what a bike is supposed to feel like. And as far as power. I had the 96" motor with a thunderheader and a Zippers performance ecm (thundermax). It ran everybit as good as this Vic does. Maybe its just a mood I'm in. I dont know. But I wish I had my Harley back. :(

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
I miss my Harleys. This bike runs good and is real smoothe. Probably too smoothe. It doesn't feel like a motorcycle to me. My Harleys were both Dynas. So, there were no vibes to feel at speed. But at idle it shook pretty good. To me... Thats what a bike is supposed to feel like. And as far as power. I had the 96" motor with a thunderheader and a Zippers performance ecm (thundermax). It ran everybit as good as this Vic does. Maybe its just a mood I'm in. I dont know. But I wish I had my Harley back. :(
We have alerted your local mental institution and they are on their way to pick you up. :ltr:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I know what you mean about the "too smooth". My previous bike was a Vulcan Mean Streak which shook to beat all hell while at idle too. Kind of provided a more raw, visceral feeling to me and I miss the hell out of that part of it. But, that's about the only aspect I really miss. As for your 96 running as well as the KP you have, wait until you get those RPWs on her and tuned. Stock to stock, there's no comparison. Not only that, but the KP will destroy the Dyna's in the twisties if you like that type of riding.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I miss my Kawasaki ZRX1200R. I personally think that there is no such thing as one perfect bike, and for me I think I need at least three or four to fill all my riding needs.

I'm sure that you had a much stronger emotional attachment to your Harley's then you do to you Vic. It happens I still drool at gsxr's and ZRX's when I see them.

It's not that I don't love my Vic, it's that I have too much love for just one bike

I think I may need another ZRX...

·
Premium Member
13,627 Posts
I think everyone nailed the reasons why you might miss your HD's. I still have my ninth one sitting under blanket waiting for me to fix an oil leak that's too big to ride it with. Raw, visceral, primitive, albeit underpowered unless enough money is thrown at them but still there's that certain something.

Oddly, when I got this 04 KP with just a Stage 1 and some V&H pipes, that certain something was in this bike. It will be my keeper above and beyond anything else I may have along the way.

I too bet you feel differently when you get your pipes on. If not; you won't be the only one with a multi-bike personality (as Greg Benner says). :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
By all means go get your HD back, there are about 1,000 for sale in any newspaper for you to pick from. And there is about 99% chance you will be able to find a half dozen that lookes exactly like your old one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I miss my Kawasaki ZRX1200R. I personally think that there is no such thing as one perfect bike, and for me I think I need at least three or four to fill all my riding needs.

I'm sure that you had a much stronger emotional attachment to your Harley's then you do to you Vic. It happens I still drool at gsxr's and ZRX's when I see them.

It's not that I don't love my Vic, it's that I have too much love for just one bike

I think I may need another ZRX...
I saw a green 1100 the other day. :) I was SO CLOSE to getting a 1200 a few years ago, I love those bikes! There was one with a Turbo on it for around 7k somewhere. It was a built engine made to handle the boost.....180+ rwhp on a conservative tune and boost set up.

No bike is perfect. cheers Just like no woman.:ltr:

By all means go get your HD back, there are about 1,000 for sale in any newspaper for you to pick from. And there is about 99% chance you will be able to find a half dozen that lookes exactly like your old one.
Shhhh.....lol

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I miss my Harleys. This bike runs good and is real smoothe. Probably too smoothe. It doesn't feel like a motorcycle to me. My Harleys were both Dynas. So, there were no vibes to feel at speed. But at idle it shook pretty good. To me... Thats what a bike is supposed to feel like.
I think you're mistaking a bike with a vibrator. :D

I rode a High Ball a few weeks back and it felt like it shook a little at idle. Kinda surprised me. I thought that was a good feature for Vic to impart on that particular style of machine. Not sure how they accomplished it though.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

After you have that XR of your's hot rodded, you may sing a new tune.

Personally, I think I could go down to just the XR. I can ride it farther than anything I've owned without feeling beat up at the end of the day.

I do occasionally miss the passing power of a big inline. But with the right engine mods, even that is achievable.

If you're looking for a big inline, I'll make you a good deal on an 06 FJR. It is in a condition far better than a new, stock bike and for way less money.

·
Registered
104 Posts
While I wait for the shop to get the pipes on my highball. I took the ol' buell paintshaker (1200 hd sportster engine) out for a ride till keep it fresh till it sells. The rumble and growl is attention getting and i miss that, but I prefer the smoothness and dependability. I prefer enjoying my bike at cruising speed rather than giving second hand thrills audibly/visually to everyone else when I rode by fast and loud. When I got my vic, I felt like it was the bike I was riding for me. My buell was great at winning bike personality contests, but it didn't need me after I did all the mods. Maybe we outgrew each other... or maybe I just wanted more out of riding and less out of my bike..

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have alerted your local mental institution and they are on their way to pick you up. :ltr:
I figured this would be in at least one reply. Actually figured it would be in the majority, lol.

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
I figured this would be in at least one reply. Actually figured it would be in the majority, lol.
Sorry, you've tempted me too much with the title of your post - I just couldn't help it. :D Amazingly enough, all others posts too a more serious approach to your problem. Don't mind me, I'm wearing my clown suit today.

·
Registered
755 Posts
We all had those crazy girlfriends that we miss sometimes but glad they are gone.
You might miss your Harley now but in the long run you'll be much happier with your victory. :D

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Jason,
There must be some good twisties out there in the countryside around your town. I'd rather challenge them on your Vic than your H-D. Every H-D cruiser I've ridden is outright scary when pushed into a tight turn-even the post '09 FLs. I have friends with sporties and sport tourers that say they have a hard time keeping up with me and my XR. That makes up for for all that bar and shield stuff where I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
While I wait for the shop to get the pipes on my highball. I took the ol' buell paintshaker (1200 hd sportster engine) out for a ride till keep it fresh till it sells. The rumble and growl is attention getting and i miss that, but I prefer the smoothness and dependability. I prefer enjoying my bike at cruising speed rather than giving second hand thrills audibly/visually to everyone else when I rode by fast and loud. When I got my vic, I felt like it was the bike I was riding for me. My buell was great at winning bike personality contests, but it didn't need me after I did all the mods. Maybe we outgrew each other... or maybe I just wanted more out of riding and less out of my bike..
I test rode a Firebolt once. Calling it unrefined would be generous. I'm sure it would be great on some twisty little back road, but that wasn't where I got to go on it. I was riding sedately down a straight with my left arm off the bar to de-pretzel a little when I hit a bump that jarred my wrist and sent the bike leaping forward (damn near without me).

They got a little too much character for me...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jason,
There must be some good twisties out there in the countryside around your town. I'd rather challenge them on your Vic than your H-D. Every H-D cruiser I've ridden is outright scary when pushed into a tight turn-even the post '09 FLs. I have friends with sporties and sport tourers that say they have a hard time keeping up with me and my XR. That makes up for for all that bar and shield stuff where I'm concerned.
Actually with light weight and good shock geometry. The Dynas handle quite well. The KP does too but the lean angle is ****. I scrape everywhere ! Also I hate how limited the after market is. HATE IT ! Also, I have probably 30k miles on a Harley with zero problems. They did everything I wanted them to do. With out a problem.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We all had those crazy girlfriends that we miss sometimes but glad they are gone.
You might miss your Harley now but in the long run you'll be much happier with your victory. :D
Buy this man a beer for a great reply ! I literally laughed out loud.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts