Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. In my new bike I found K&N filter (but filter box is unchenged, specially openings in cover for air are in standard size) and mufflers which are rather empty looking inside from the end , with some multi pierced pipes on last no more than 10". These mufflers have factory mountings under bags and for chromed shields but additionally i found interesting inscription on them, something like this: not for use on roads, only for competition purposes.
Do you think are these sympthoms of stage one?
How to check if some upgrade to computer was downloaded or not? Could be done only by dealer or vic repair center?
When engine is started cold idling is quite roughly, backfiring from time to time.
When engine is hot then no such "problems". Run smoothly and nice louder than factory bike should.
Thanks for opinion
and sorry for my bad english...:smile

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Twój angielski jest bardzo dobry. Potrzebuję programu tłumaczącego, aby zrobić to za Ciebie.
Those pipes are not stock or they would not have that warning on them. The popping may be from air or exhaust leaking. Check all the joints on your pipes and the nuts at the engine heads for tightness. The rubber connectors for the intake air could have cracks, allowing air to enter. When you are starting, be sure to hold the throttle open a little. This is important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts