Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been secretly:rolleyes: looking for a new 3/4 helmet to replace my getting very ratty Daytona Cruiser...
Cutting to the chase, I bought a Bell Scout Air from Amazon. I ordered late Thursday night with my Prime account and it was here Friday eve...The helmet fit like crap. I jumped on Amazon Saturday morning for the RMA, they e-mailed me a return label, which I put on the box and headed into work for a few hours. I got out at 11am and dropped the box off at a local UPS Store on my way home.... I happened to check my e-mail around 3:30 that afternoon, Holy Crap!!! I had a "package received" and a "refund issued" notification!!! Now that's fast... I was expecting to wait at least 5 days...
I continue my helmet search and decided to try an LS2 OF567 ...I find my size and color on Amazon for a very good price but its not available through Prime, I order it anyway on Tuesday(7/31) night with free delivery "by August 8th" ....As I'm typing this on 8/1 ~3:30pm the UPS man just delivered the LS2 :) Got to go try it on ....thx Amazon

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
With what they are spending on shipping I hope it fits. :)

I ordered my new boots from Amazon. Just work boots I don't get fancy "motorcycle" boots but they are quite comfy as the reviews indicated.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the LS2 Helmet fits good enough, but DAMN!! talk about "Mario Bros head" ...I've never seen a helmet look so goofy as this one. I did a comparison to my Daytona Cruiser and the LS2 is a full 1 3/4" higher at the top. I just started another return.
I was hoping to find replacement that's a little more premium than the Daytona without having to pay near $400 for a Shoei J-Cruise(which I'm not doing), but at this point maybe just getting another Daytona is the answer.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I don't care about looks. Function and comfort are all that matters. I'm a fan of my Shark Evoline. Been using for years.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't care about looks. Function and comfort are all that matters. I'm a fan of my Shark Evoline. Been using for years.
Absolutely comfort & function are musts.... but I definitely care about form & looks as well (of course you must know this.....I ride a Victory...hehehe) All kidding aside, there are so many choices available in things today there is little reason to sacrifice for anything ;)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Having been self employed for over 40 years, I buy online only when I have to, otherwise, I'm helping to keep a brick and mortar store open, people employed, families housed and fed, etc., etc.. When it come to buying anything that goes on my body, I want to try it on first, whether it is a helmet, underlinders, or other riding gear. That way, one visit to the store is all that's required. BTW, I know most of the guys at my local Cycle Gear, Vic dealer, ACE hardware and even have a favorite tool sales guy at my local Home Depot. I know no one at Amazon even though I bought there a few times.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
I just bought a Bell Pit Boss helmet Sunday at the place we bought the wife's Can Am. Competitive price and many sizes to get a good fit, then I noticed a really nice Joe Rocket mesh jacket......I have a new hot weather helmet and a another mesh jacket.

I'm a fan of Amazon and use them often except for things that can be a sizing problem.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well the LS2 Helmet fits good enough, but DAMN!! talk about "Mario Bros head" ...I've never seen a helmet look so goofy as this one. I did a comparison to my Daytona Cruiser and the LS2 is a full 1 3/4" higher at the top. I just started another return.
I was hoping to find replacement that's a little more premium than the Daytona without having to pay near $400 for a Shoei J-Cruise(which I'm not doing), but at this point maybe just getting another Daytona is the answer.
I know what you mean about the LS2. Comfy but I thought it made me look like a cartoon character. Stick with my trusty scorpion exo 900. Still love it

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If I want to try stuff on I can just ride over to iron pony in Ohio. They have a crapton of stuff and match Amazon prices. Cyclegear is a laughable joke of a store. At least the one here. They have nothing.

I bought my rear tire today from local cycle outfitters. This is probably the last year they will be open. The owner has been looking for a buyer and all the deals fall through people back out whatever. He's 65 and retiring. 35 years in business and just closing. Sad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts