Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? Anyone interested in going for a few days mid week?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Anyone going? Anyone interested in going for a few days mid week?
Me and the Mrs. are leaving 6/3 and stopping somewhere in Vermont for the night. Riding over to Lake George early Tuesday for the rest of the week. First time at Americade for us.

Plenty of lodging outside the Lake George area. We'd rather ride to the rally each day, than walk....

Hope to see you there during the week. cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
We are leaving this Saturday and going home the following Sunday. Is there any sort of Vic gathering up there?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just doing a day trip this year. Going up Wed with a few of the Valkyrie guys (and gal). :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
We're getting ready to leave tomorrow for Lake George. May have to take it slow due to the T-Storms that are forecasted for Monday.

Hope to see you guys up there. Ride Safe. cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
I posted here this morning and now it has disappeared. Anyone see it? :ltr:

·
Registered
381 Posts
O.K. Here it is again!

Dave... Dave... Dave... The pinstriping looks good BUT did he do it on top of all that dirt? :crzy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
:ltr:

Yeah, that's why it only cost me $25 for the whole job!! :D

No...the prep guy washed her up real good before Mac started, so good in fact that he busted off the right fork protector. Plastic POS!

All of that good looking dust and dirt coating the XC is from the day long Vermont Covered Bridge guided tour we did earlier that day.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yeah, it was fun....

Me and the Mrs. bugged out late Thursday before the heavy rain set in on Friday. If we go again, it will just be for a day or two next time.....I can only take so many GW's HD's and trikes. :ltr:

One point of interest though, the other three couples we sat with during the lunch break on the VT ride complained how much they disliked their Harley Davidson M/C's. Two out of the three said they'ed rather ride their Nomad or Venture S vice the HD Ultra C. One of them is on their second motor from HD and they all swear by the 5 year warranty with the $50 deductible from the Motor Co.

Me and the Mrs. just grinned at each other. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
:pepper:
My friends have increasingly been calling it "Harleycade" thumb up
Americade is the only really mixed group. Take a ride to Laconia Saturday and see how many HDs are there. Myrtle Beach, Sturgis and most of the other big events are 80-90% Harley Davidson. :pepper:

·
Registered
247 Posts
My friends have increasingly been calling it "Harleycade" thumb up
We were there from Sunday to Sunday. The only real washout was Friday. A couple of passing showers(downpours) on the first Sunday.

"Harelycade" for sure many HDs, but also Goldwings, trikes of all makes, and all sorts of metric cruisers. I thought that there was quite an increase in the amount of adventure style bikes around also. Had a great time and looking forward to next year.

Going to consider the Killington Classic later this year.
http://www.killingtonclassic.com/

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Our buddy has an Ultra Classic so we had a nice ride to the Harley dealer in Broadalbin (south if Lake Sacandaga). We also had a few other gorgeous rides (routes 100 and 125) and others.

The best ride of the week, however, was on the way home. From Cracker Barrel for breakfast in Albany, routes 4, 203, 7, 63.

We found our new favorite way to Lake George :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts