Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Would love to see a true Motorcycle show that deals with True road bikes and not 50,000 overpriced choppers .. Won't miss this show a bit, kind of liked it at the beginning but then got to be a regular soap opera BS ..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Would love to see a true Motorcycle show that deals with True road bikes and not 50,000 overpriced choppers .. Won't miss this show a bit, kind of liked it at the beginning but then got to be a regular soap opera BS ..
OCC builds begin at $70,000, and have never aired one that cost less than $120,000 actually.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I find the design ideas to be amazing and the ability to take raw materials and fabricate is pretty impressive. Going to miss it from that perspective

·
12,984 Posts
Sanford an Son are gone. They made enough money and have lost there popularity.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So you guys think that the cancellation of this series is the end of the Tutles?
Not a chance.
1st, recycle recycle recycle what is already in the can
2nd, guest spots and teasers hinting at big doings
3rd, endorsement deal and pitches to execs about new formats with product tie ins
4th, Cross network launch with their faces plastered all over cable and TV media including the groovy banners we try to ignore on the inter webs.

Death, taxes and Tutles. 3 things you know you have to put up with.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
American Chopper proved that the more expensive the bike, the more unrideable it is what with a butt-in-a-trashcan riding posture. It also proved that the average TV watcher loves conflict. Guess I'm either above or below average.

Pop, you are one helluva good read...I'd love to see more of your posts.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So finally something good comes out of the Tutles nonsense. Bbob inadvertently links to a great Snopes read that should be required reading for all.
I love the last line.

"The hardships and losses endured by many Americans during the struggle for independence were not visited upon the signers alone, nor were they any less ruinous for having befallen people whose names are not immortalized on a piece of parchment."

That doesn't detract one iota from the immensity of the undertaking or the risks the founders took. It does illustrate that the penniless, illiterate, unwashed dregs of the colonies were as likely to have found themselves betting their lives on liberty as were the best of their peers. There was no fundamental difference one to the other or them to us, not to musket balls anyway. Same aspirations and fears. Same flesh and bone.

I don't imagine that in 1760 give or take, a young kid being raised in Boston or Charleston would conceive that he would die early even by his reckoning from wounds suffered at the hand of a fellow Englishman in some Pennsylvania backwater he had never heard of, or starve or succumb to disease or freeze, most of these deaths avoidable but for the lack of organization and coordination, the infighting and the selfish motivations of those that controlled of the purse strings.

Like I say no fundamental difference one to the other or them to us.

The saving grace of the Revolution was that in Surrey or Liverpool in 1760 or thereabouts, no kid was entertaining the notion of jumping aboard one of Her Majesty's Ships and going to some backwater across the Atlantic to be killed by a fellow Englishman. He ended up relying on exactly the same kind of disorganized, selfserving middle management scammers running his army that the colonists had running theirs. Surprise, surprise.

So, our little spat with mother England over having a say in how much we were taxed, not whether we were taxed but how much, got our panties all in a wad and old King George didn't much appreciate the cut of our jib tut tut. While they were at it the founders took it upon themselves to define some unalienable rights (got to love that olde englishy way of talking) that were actually pretty damn alienable if you were not of a particular color, or worshiped a particular god in a particular way, or had nothing in particular dangling between your legs and so forth. Be that as it may, the unalienable rights thing really did stick it to old George and his handlers.

The upshot was we both had suck logistics, the bad news was ignored and the good news was made up by the press based on gibberish provided by the propagandists, one hand did not know what the other was doing, generals on both sides were promised the world and provided squat, and in the end the war petered to an uninspired finish mostly because we liked it here and wanted to stay even if it meant hungry, cold and sick whereas the English wanted to be hungry, cold and sick just about anywhere but here. They thought they would wow us with a mighty war machine, blitzkrieg the colonies and be home in time for tea but we wore them down. They wore us down too but we were already home so the math was on our side.

That doesn't mean incredible feats of bravery and courage didn't occur or that we are the same for it. It changed us and made us better. It made us the people that most other people wish they were or if not that, then people they want to stay out of the way of. The war itself though was a messy business that looks a lot better in hindsight and Mel Gibson movies than what reports from the trenches describe.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Required viewing in all first grade classes, mental hospitals and drug rehab centers. :)

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Death, taxes and Tutles. 3 things you know you have to put up with.
If they only came in that order.thumb up

·
Registered
812 Posts
I did the bikes. Don't think I would ever own one, but enjoyed seeing them finished.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts