Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently ride rt 10/202 back and forth between MA and CT, I spotted this shop not long ago called American Muscle Cycle Works. I decided to stop in and see what they were about, I met Lee, one of the owners and master technician. The shop was in the midst of a redo, just finishing a major renovation and expansion but he took the time to talk with me, I like that. Lee explained his shop has been in business two years, they are a certified HD, Victory and Indian repair shop as well as a custom builder and a used bike sales shop. They are about 30 miles from me which is 20 miles less and much easier to get to than the now closed Vic dealer I bought my XC from was.
I'm glad I stopped in, it eases my mind to know there's a shop close by I can take my bike should it need any major repairs over the next years I plan to keep it.
For any other Vic riders in the western CT/MA area the shop address is: 651 Salmon Brook ST. Granby, CT 860-653-0306

Motorcycle Shop | American Muscle Cycle Works | Springfield, MA

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Now we're talking. I should go pay him a visit.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now we're talking. I should go pay him a visit.
The place doesn't have much to see, unless you have a burning desire to look at the few used HDs for sale....:) I don't plan on going back for a visit, in fact I hope I never have to go back...ever. But its good to know the shop is there.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The place doesn't have much to see, unless you have a burning desire to look at the few used HDs for sale....:) I don't plan on going back for a visit, in fact I hope I never have to go back...ever. But its good to know the shop is there.
Pretty much for that reason. Nothing wrong with looking at used HDs for sale. :)
Just to let him know we're out there and glad he exists.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much for that reason. Nothing wrong with looking at used HDs for sale. :)
Just to let him know we're out there and glad he exists.
The owner likes Victorys.....Lee told me Vics are solid bikes and its a damn shame they're closed down. No **** :|

·
13,003 Posts
Its nice you found a place that could someday help out.
I have always wonder what makes a shop (certified) I know HD or Vic didn't send them paperwork saying there certified. Does it mean the guys have worked on these bikes and sapositlie know what they're doing.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Its nice you found a place that could someday help out.
I have always wonder what makes a shop (certified) I know HD or Vic didn't send them paperwork saying there certified. Does it mean the guys have worked on these bikes and sapositlie know what they're doing.
When I see "certified", I expect that he went through some formalized training by the manufacturer. I am a certified Husqvarna Viking sewing machine technician for my wife's quilt shop. I've gone to the company and taken part in service training, and I have a piece of paper that says so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts