Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Victory Vegas 8Ball, just installed new Zoomies from Hacker, AMS and a K&N stock filter... I live in the panhandle of Florida. My question... Is there anyone running this setup that could give me some pointers on the settings of the AMS. I've tried the suggested settings and the bike spits and pops bad on acceleration. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
You may not be getting replies cuz many (including myself) have no idea what an AMS is. Could you enlighten us please?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have an 07 Victory Vegas 8Ball, just installed new Zoomies from Hacker, AMS and a K&N stock filter... I live in the panhandle of Florida. My question... Is there anyone running this setup that could give me some pointers on the settings of the AMS. I've tried the suggested settings and the bike spits and pops bad on acceleration. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks all.

Buy a VFCIII and install it... Call it a day.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Buy a VFCIII and install it... Call it a day.
Basically the same thing. Call KevinX at SouthernMotorworx. I'm sure he would give you a good starting point. Better yet since you are close drive over to him and let him dial it in!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically the same thing. Call KevinX at SouthernMotorworx. I'm sure he would give you a good starting point. Better yet since you are close drive over to him and let him dial it in!!!
Thanks man. I'm a lil over 300 miles away but I'll give him a call. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shanko, thanks for your help man! Just a heads up on the subject, I spoke with Kevin at Southern Motorworx "Jam up dude" he said the best results he has had out of this setup is flash my 07 back to an 05 92 "if you can convince your victory dealer to do this" and then set your settings to 3.5, 3.5, 4, 5.5, 3.5. I'll see what I can do about getting it flashed back and report back. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As it turns out, I was able to talk my dealer into mapping it to an 05 Vegas... And I set the controller to the settings above and this thing runs like a top. Absolutely perfect. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Hehe! Naaaa leave em both up cos my attempt at humour is on the other thread Johnny.
Actually this is the first Ive seen of this dual thread.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had been recently trying to get mine tuned and emailed the company and they sent me these settings to try. I have torque tubes, rippers and IAC and these settings are working a lot better than the ones on the website. I still have the occasional popping after hard decel and I turn the throttle but it is worlds better than when I ran the settings from the website. Was also checking my plugs every 50-75 miles and adjusting it but didn't really know which setting was causing the carbon fouling I was getting. It kept leaving a sooty black dust on the ceramic part of the plug, running the new settings and it is pretty much cleaned up now.

Aren't VFCIII and the AMS both variations of another fuel programmer I've had in the past - The EJK from Dobek....they all look exactly the same except for the branding and the settings appear to all be adjusted in the same way.

I know on the hacker website it says that: "Our AMS is the same basic GEN III module as the Wiseco, Ness Big shot and the Lloydz Gen III, the only difference is, we use a richer fuel baseline to work with our High Performance exhaust"

Email I received below.
-----------------

The settings on our website are for the stock airbox with a K&N airfilter, Torque tubes will require minor setting adjustments. set your bike to these settings they will be closer.

Modes 1,2 & 3, set to 4

Modes 4, set to 0.5

modes 5 & 6, set to 4.5

Hacker Custom Exhaust

1 - 14 of 14 Posts