Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Amsoil is open

go to an Amsoil site, pick an oil + scroll to the bottom for more specs than any others give. all without a struggle, MSDS as well available making finding out even more info. by learning what the specs mean it was determined that the new 20-40 oil uses a group III base oil unlike their other motorcycle specific oils. factory lubes like Vic pushes say little because Vic knows its an overpriced, just decent oil. look on some big name oil sites, take Pennzoil for instance. you get some specs on their better oils, the new GTL group III "synthetics" are good, you won't find anything on their plane jane oils. motoroilevaluators.com lists hundreds of oil specs, some a little older + note they give a poor rating when specs can't be found!! any oil sold must be tested to get its classification by law, oil company's have results but don't share them if not favorable, just like drug manufacturers that test THEIR OWN drugs, they tout the good + omit the bad!!! the more you read the more you learn + seeing the same information in several sources verifies its truthfulness usually

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When I try to go to "motoroilevaluators.com" I get a Page Not Found error.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
works for me

try themotoroilevaluator, some search engines block certain sites, if so try another. quite often Goo does this, when you see the same results page after page i suspect payola. when you get there you must register free, then when you do + are logged in click "view the oil specs" you must select view tech data "small window" unless a paying member. theres also a lot of other great info to learn on the site. they are not "funded" + make no recommendations but give you the info to understand the specs as well as the specs. learned several new things there + reading more than once allows it to "sink in" try it again

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thanks rod for posting the info.....cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Thanks rod for posting the info.....cheers
Maybe you can tell me what it all means in the real world while I'm riding down the road none of it means anything to me.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
It means the rotella oil you are using is just as good as amsoil at half the price
Hmmm... Plenty of oil analysis out there and testing performed by Motorcycle Magazines that says you are wrong... Sport bike did it twice and all they could say was "AMSOIL Performed as Stated" where the were trying to disprove AMSOIL's claims.

Are willing to put the money up for testing to back that statement up?

Also Rod... Oil ONLY needs to be tested to meet API. The do not need to be tested to meet JASO Standards. As matter of fact, Many oils on the shelf, do not even meet what is on there label when tested. AMSOIL has never failed an independent random test and in N. Carolina, they are done all the time.

The only tests that will tell you what is going on is FULL oil analysis and ASTM tests which for the ASTM, I doubt anyone here would put up Tens of Thousands to do.

Find me a better oil and a better company and I will sell it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
always reading + learning

bob i would have thought testing would be required for any info posted on the container as well as anywhere else. lots of BS out there as well, remembering the hardly issue, they were telling riders that Amsoil voided warranty + was too slippery for their roller bearing cranks, Amsoil said "put it in writing" hardly backed off of course + had someone cheaply blend a oil for them + branded it screamin"chicken" its got our name on it must be good mentality works well for many unthinking consumers! like Vics oil its overpriced + underperforming!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
bob i would have thought testing would be required for any info posted on the container as well as anywhere else. lots of BS out there as well, remembering the hardly issue, they were telling riders that Amsoil voided warranty + was too slippery for their roller bearing cranks, Amsoil said "put it in writing" hardly backed off of course + had someone cheaply blend a oil for them + branded it screamin"chicken" its got our name on it must be good mentality works well for many unthinking consumers! like Vics oil its overpriced + underperforming!!
What is "'Thought" and what actually "Is" are sometimes worlds apart. Which is why when AMSOIL has/had testing done such as the "Motorcycle Tests" They were done by several companies and one was a "Non-Profit" to shut the critics up about "AMSOIL Performed" or "AMSOIL paid".

In N. Carolina, the state will actually walk in to a store and buy oils off the shelf for testing to avoid companies loading products. Only 1 out of 5 oils passed what they were labeled as.

Another good one: I can take Maple Syrup, put some Sulpher in it for sniff factor and sell it for gear lube. Legally, someone could sue me for damages but, no one can stop me from selling it as there is no Governing body for Gear Lube.

I can guarantee you one thing. I will NEVER lie to you or blow smoke up your A$$ to sell you something.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Such as the case with Rotella. It has Never been tested to meet JASO M* specs. It is a Self Imposed Rating as one of the additives they purchase carries the JASO MA Rating. Perfectly Legal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Such as the case with Rotella. It has Never been tested to meet JASO M* specs. It is a Self Imposed Rating as one of the additives they purchase carries the JASO MA Rating. Perfectly Legal.
Come on, quit trying to introduce facts to dispute assumptions in this thread (insert sarcasm smiley here)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Come on, quit trying to introduce facts to dispute assumptions in this thread (insert sarcasm smiley here)
Yeah, I get that a lot.. LOL

In another forum, I have a guy trying to tell everyone that AMSOIL is just a rebottler. Even though I have been to the Mfg. Facility, posted pics of the 2.3 Million gallon tank farm (largest in the industry), the over 400,000 sq ft facility and he tells me I am wrong.

I hate idiots.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah, I get that a lot.. LOL

In another forum, I have a guy trying to tell everyone that AMSOIL is just a rebottler. Even though I have been to the Mfg. Facility, posted pics of the 2.3 Million gallon tank farm (largest in the industry), the over 400,000 sq ft facility and he tells me I am wrong.

I hate idiots.
Where can I buy in Canada?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put 115lb's to the ground and ride my bike hard at times. 3 10/40 Amsoil changes and never an issue. Temp gage never goes above 230

Besides the superior oil choice having a tuned bike is the other part of the equation. Everything stays cleaner.
LOL New harley M8s are running 340 degrees sometimes. Dealers say OK thats normal.....LOL

61 - 80 of 80 Posts