Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys does this stuff really work. I've read a few places that it will quiet the engine up and ur shifts up. is it worth using? what weight should i use if so? i have an 09 jackpot with the 106

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can't speak for everyone but in my case shifting is smoother and quieter than with Vic oil. Use 10-40 MCF. I switched on the advice of my dealer due to the 100+ deg temps out here. He had nothing to gain as I bought it online and put it in myself.

·
12,970 Posts
I'm sorry but if you do a search you will find five days of reading about oil.
Guys use about four different types you just have to read what you like.
Yes I use Amsoil and love it

·
Registered
275 Posts
AMSOIL MCF 10W-40 Motorcycle Specific Oil is the proper product for all Vics in riding conditions from 30 degrees to 100+

The EAOM-103 oil filter is the proper filter

Email me for a price quote [email protected] or call 1-877-356-6099 for your forum member pricing

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was skeptical, but tried it anyway, big difference! just like every one says, easier shifting quieter motor, even seems to run cooler......
Thanks for the great revue!

It definitely runs cooler.

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
530 Posts
about 8 years ago, a friend recommended AMSOil, and at the time I had been fairly loyal to Spectro. I was riding a 1997 Honda CBR900RR at that time. so after a bit of nagging, I switched over to the full synthetic AMSOil in the recommended weight and was using a K&N oil filter. I haven't looked back or regretted the decision to use AMSOil. I will gladly pay the extra because it was like night and day and goes in every vehicle I drive. I am not a dealer or get anything from this, but I do recommend it to anyone who asks. the local parts shop I get it at charges around $12-$13 a quart but i think its worth it.
My only question, is anyone running full synthetic in their victory? I have an 06 Hammer and I remember reading something about not using full synthetic because it could cause the clutch to slip....

AMSOil is liquid gold but soooooo worth it.

·
12,970 Posts
about 8 years ago, a friend recommended AMSOil, and at the time I had been fairly loyal to Spectro. I was riding a 1997 Honda CBR900RR at that time. so after a bit of nagging, I switched over to the full synthetic AMSOil in the recommended weight and was using a K&N oil filter. I haven't looked back or regretted the decision to use AMSOil. I will gladly pay the extra because it was like night and day and goes in every vehicle I drive. I am not a dealer or get anything from this, but I do recommend it to anyone who asks. the local parts shop I get it at charges around $12-$13 a quart but i think its worth it.
My only question, is anyone running full synthetic in their victory? I have an 06 Hammer and I remember reading something about not using full synthetic because it could cause the clutch to slip....

Guess you have been running Amsoil Organic or maybe Mineral
guess you have never read the information on the bottle :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Guess you have been running Amsoil Organic or maybe Mineral
guess you have never read the information on the bottle :D
:ltr: for some reason, maybe its just too early in the morning, but i thought they had a blended oil. duh :crzy:

·
Registered
275 Posts

:ltr: for some reason, maybe its just too early in the morning, but i thought they had a blended oil. duh :crzy:
You are paying too much but that is up to you.

AMSOIL MCF 10W-40 is the proper oil for a Vic, it is 100% Synthetic as all of our M/C oils.

AMSOIL does have a blended oil but, not for Motorcycles.

The AMSOIL filter part # is EAOM-103

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
How much do you charge for it? $12-$13 is how much I see if for locally. Keep in mind, there is no shipping charge on that price.
I highly doubt that they buy enough at one time to get free freight.

I cannot give pricing in a public forum
Send an email request to... [email protected]

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry that was so short. I was trying to catch up between shows.

You are paying freight, it is just built in to the price. I could charge full retail (which I don't) for 5 qts, still be less than them, and "tell" you I am giving free freight but, that is a game and I don't play games. Well, except for Spider Solitaire..

If you want someone that will shoot straight with you, it is me.

Email me your request.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok guys does this stuff really work. I've read a few places that it will quiet the engine up and ur shifts up. is it worth using? what weight should i use if so? i have an 09 jackpot with the 106
I switched to Amsoil 10W40 on my 08 Kingpin after runinng 2 seasons with Vic oil. The engine runs quieter, the shifting noise change has been significantly less. I have noticed however that my engine has more lifter noise when I first start it up, something I did not hear with the Vic oil. It only lasts a few seconds but is there. Also, people say that it runs cooler but referencing my dipstick temp guage, I see little if any difference.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I switched to Amsoil 10W40 on my 08 Kingpin after runinng 2 seasons with Vic oil. The engine runs quieter, the shifting noise change has been significantly less. I have noticed however that my engine has more lifter noise when I first start it up, something I did not hear with the Vic oil. It only lasts a few seconds but is there. Also, people say that it runs cooler but referencing my dipstick temp guage, I see little if any difference.
If it is a definite tick for a few seconds, It sounds like you may have a faulty Anti-Drain Back valve in the filter allowing for a dry start.

I know when I had a group up from Florida to ride the mountains, we serviced all the bikes after 2 days of riding. We found varying levels of temp differences ranging from 8-22 degrees on mechanical guages and one electronic guage that showed a 33 degree drop.

Personally, I don't know if the 33 was accurate or not but I do know that the passenger commented that the engine felt like it was running cooler.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts