Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my Afr from 13.9 to 13.3
And didn't like the resukts very much. Is 13.9 too lean?
What do most of you use for a target?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes except for the last 3 that are 13.6 @5% up to 5500rpm

BTW Im running Bassani 2into 1, wit LLoyds air filter, iac and cams
with the elevated rev limit.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Did you not get it tuned after the cam install? Having an autotune is sorta a work in progress, as you can always tweak your tune. What base map are you using? There are some variables in setting up your AFR, ie. Elevation, mods etc... I've had my autotune for a couple of months and i'm constantly making adjustments to see if I can get more. I find my bike runs best in the 13.7 range up to 20% and slowly adding fuel up from there... I could probably post a pic of my afr table in a little later, my bike hauls since I've started tuning it...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had 2 tunes that wernt very good. I went to people with good reps, but know HD .
I feel good with 13.9 . But was afraid it might be lean.
I would love to see your table.
I was also thinking of adding like 3 degrees ?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I've added 6 degrees everywhere from idle on up to redline. My bike ran like **** at 13.9,what are you tuning for? Power? Mileage? Depending where the 13.9 is on your map, yes that can be fairly lean. I'll post up a pic as soon as I can get these crazy kids into bed...

·
Registered
265 Posts
+6? I have mine at +4 as per Lloydz recommendations BUT I also run 87 octane. I'm interested in seeing your map also. Mine is set to 13.7 up to 13.4 at 6500 rpm. I attempted to mirror A/F of posted good dyno runs.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
+6? I have mine at +4 as per Lloydz recommendations BUT I also run 87 octane. I'm interested in seeing your map also. Mine is set to 13.7 up to 13.4 at 6500 rpm. I attempted to mirror A/F of posted good dyno runs.

Ride safe.
Is lloydz recommendation with his timing wheel installed as well? I know everyone says the pcV only adjusts over 2500 rpm but I've never seen any data to back this up, the pcV software shows it is advancing at idle and if you take the advance away at idle up to 2500 in the software you can feel it so until I see data that proves otherwise that the pcv doesn't do anything under 2500 rpm i'll go with what my butt dyno is telling me...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is lloydz recommendation with his timing wheel installed as well? I know everyone says the pcV only adjusts over 2500 rpm but I've never seen any data to back this up, the pcV software shows it is advancing at idle and if you take the advance away at idle up to 2500 in the software you can feel it so until I see data that proves otherwise that the pcv doesn't do anything under 2500 rpm i'll go with what my butt dyno is telling me...

My +4 is from the wheel only. In the PCV, it is set to 0. I have heard the same also but never messed with the PCV setting as I installed the wheel before the PCV.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My +4 is from the wheel only. In the PCV, it is set to 0. I have heard the same also but never messed with the PCV setting as I installed the wheel before the PCV.
Try 2 degree advance in the pcv software and see if it pings, I've also seen lloyd recommend +4 on the wheel and also +2 in the pcV software. I run Shell 91.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will try it. Iv herd adding advance does cause some leaness. So maybe ill go +3
And leave the afr at 13.3
I should try a plih check aswell

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Does autotune get rid of popping? Does it make adjustments is all cells?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It's best to get rid of popping through the pcV fuel tables ie. adding fuel in the 0% column ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the table.
very interesting.
Did you know that dynojet recommends "0"
in the 5% on v-twins? Something to do with
exhaust reversion. You can go to utube and see

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
It's best to get rid of popping through the pcV fuel tables ie. adding fuel in the 0% column ...
I did that. I get a pop every now and then. Few questions:

1. Now that the bike was dynoed, would the autotune improve on what was done by original dyno?
2. Would it give me better fuel economy with normal everyday driving and more power when driving aggressively?
3. Does the autotune require me to make the initial entries in the table or does it get that from each cell to form its base?
4. After a few hundred miles, should I save those now modified cell to the PCV and disable the autotune or just let it run?
5. If the autotune further improves the map/performance of the bike from when it was dynoed, why would some say no to the autotune?
6. Is the purpose of the autotune to make the bike run as close to perfect as possible in any condition because it is constantly tuning?

Although Kyle did my dyno and the bike runs great, I think I would like for it to be better or as close to perfect as possible if possible.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Maybe I am a little thick... Why are you tuning an Auto Tune system? I would think the Auto Tune would tune Automaticly...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts