Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 11 XC but want to make sure im understanding some stuff first. I use my android for music/gps, its my understanding there's no aux input on the stereo. Am I needing to buy a cable to run from the saddle bag all the way to my phone to hear my tunes/gps?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but not sure I really trust using the bluetooth, seems like music sound would be degraded?? or am i out in left field? sorry on my HD i just plug it in the aux hole

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks but not sure I really trust using the bluetooth, seems like music sound would be degraded?? or am i out in left field? sorry on my HD i just plug it in the aux hole
If you want just a 3.5mm jack you need the aux cable (part no. #2877196 - $45ish).
0000833292.jpg

As you can see, it's rather short, so you might get stiffed for another $50ish for the exension cable (part no. #2877197), which you could run to a saddle bag.
0000833293.jpg

Welcome to the world of accessories. :p

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the Sena Bluetooth on my helmet to listen to my Andriod for music and GPS. The sound quality is MUCH better than the times I've ridden a bike with speakers. It has the added advantage of not being heard by those around you if you make a phone call. The only down side is talk time (12 hours with the SENA SMH10) and you have to wear a helmet (which I do anyway).

I have been really happy with Sena.
SMH10 runs $135.95
SMH5 runs $96.75
SMH5 w/FM runs $119.25

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks CR. Not one for helmets but thanks for the insight

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Bluetooth works fine for me. No degradation.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bluetooth works fine for me. No degradation.
Yep! I have my Note 3 synced with my Sena and all is good. Phone calls, GPS, MP3's and intercomm and no cable! :D

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have a 2012 XCT that came with the iPod dongle in the fairing lower. I use a Bluetooth dock I found on Amazon for around $30. Works great. Using an iPhone but that shouldn't neater Bluetooth is Bluetooth.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Put the down payment down today. Trading in the Electraglide, now for the long ride from El paso to Fort Worth to pick it up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks guys. Put the down payment down today. Trading in the Electraglide, now for the long ride from El paso to Fort Worth to pick it up
Congrats, ride safe, and don't forget the break-in period! Take side streets for the first 500 miles, don't just cruise home on the highway.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oh its an 11, already broke in. It's the EG I'm more worried about. 2 long trips Stator went out, then throttle cable snapped on the side of the freeway. Rode the 8ball from EP to N.Carolina and back not one problem as well as numerous trips from EP to Austin & Dallas....just a few oil changes and tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts