1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hmmm those are interesting I know when you order pm wheels for a bagger then send angled valve stems but not that style, those are cleaner

·
Registered
5 Posts
8.3mm is the correct size for Vic XC stock rims.

Good find, Im going to buy a set in black. Only other ones i have found were on Amazon for $25

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i have a part number i think for some from my dealer, or you can get sime from kurvygirl they do angled valvestems too

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
LINK TO KURVYGIRL

The Cross Country uses the 8.3 MM stems. I ordered the flat black ones and as soon as I change tires they'll be installed.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
- As nxvic said, the 8.3mm is the correct size for most recent Vic wheels. Kurvey Girl has a nice write-up here: kurveygirl.com - Dzus, Vesrah, Brembo, Spring Clips and More - 83deg Aluminum 11.3mm GEN2 Angled Valve Stem: Black (2 pcs)

Scroll down near the bottom of the page, to see the exception area and the VICTORY MOTORCYCLES list.

- That ebay link is a good find. Less expensive than Kurvey Girl (although a portion of your purchase there goes to the Roadracing World Action Fund). By contrast, see this Kurvey Girl page: https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=639&osCsid=cf874ttshu3pus4047h2bl3f13

- I had that style on my Burgman 650 for five years, and they worked flawlessly. I forgot where I got them -- there are other sellers of this sort of thing out there -- but that ebay deal looks sweet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
...these go to 11. But only because I bought an internal TPMS sensor which was too big. And it only worked for a couple of weeks. And when I threw that piece of crap away and went back to a regular valve stem, I went to the right-angle stem at 11.3...because I had to.

So....THAT was an excellent purchase and resulting mod.:eek

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought the ones in my link. Probably won't be changing tires until well after the New Year but I figured I'd get them now. I'll likely update this thread when its done.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just bought the ones in my link. Probably won't be changing tires until well after the New Year but I figured I'd get them now. I'll likely update this thread when its done.
Real cheap price and coming from China , no offense big fella but I will pass ......

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Well. Just had rear tire put on and the dealer couldn't fit a right angled stem on the rear. Said the wheel was too thick:mad:
so they put the regular ones on.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much money would I lose if I bet you the OEM stems were built in China as well?
Well, considering the wheels themselves were made in China, ... :)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
bikemaster 151789, got them from my dealer

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Anyone know why the dealer would say my wheel (cast?) was too thick? I thought all that mattered was the hole size.
Jim

·
Registered
158 Posts
On the Kurvy Girl style, depending on which way you put the nut on, it could appear that there's not sufficient room. There's a slight counterbore for the nut to ride against. If you have the nut so the extra boss (similar to the appearance of a nylon insert lock nut) is facing outward, there's not enough room to get a socket on it. Have to flip it over so the boss on the nut faces the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
It still seat correctly ? I have to take it back to make them rebalance because the wheel weights flew off. I think they used fricking wood glue.
You have a part number for curves girl ?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I just looked up curvy girl parts and they list a valve for the cast wheels. I am going to tell the dealer since they have to take the wheel off again they can put a new valve stem on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts