Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why all of a sudden there are wild turkeys and huge deer in Massachusetts running all over the place but I almost hit one the other day.
Someone suggested a deer whistle...Do they really work?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm not sure why all of a sudden there are wild turkeys and huge deer in Massachusetts running all over the place but I almost hit one the other day.
I wouldn't count on it. Good brake pads are probably your best solution:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Modulated air horn?! I am kidding. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I had one today when a dumb idiot pulled out in front of me...dears, cars, trucks, blind people I guess it's all the same! I had a great ride though!

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Buying deer whistles is like voting for your favorite candidate; You hope they are going to do what you want them to do, but in reality, they won't. :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
I mounted a siren on my bike. It has proven to work on many different animals, including 2 legged brainless ones.
Along with the siren I've got the required lights to go along with the position I have in the department. But the siren works great.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well the critters got all of creation from Fitchburg north and Springfield west to tromp around hay pastures, reservoirs and woods until they hit Woostah. Then fish and game is shy about opening up the seasons to keep the numbers down plus you need to pretty much put a turkey through a wood chipper to get it to know enough to die and cartridges are getting hard come by.

Steven Wright (a beantown boy) used to say that he put a deer whistle on his car but he installed it backwards and then the white tails was chasing him all over town.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
The only wildlife that I have had interfere with my ride are double breasted mattress thrashers. They are attracted to the bike especially in supermarket parking lots and it takes me about a half hour to get rid of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts