Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Victory rider has hit the magic 200k miles without splitting the cases. Looks like he used Victory oil and filters and changed it on time. 2011 XR (Cross Roads)

Bernie HammacherVictory Motorcycles

Here it is folks, new milestone on my 2011 cross road 200k engine still never cracked..love my victory

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Victory Motorcycles are the best v-twin motors ever build. Polaris did a great injustice stopping production.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Looks like he used Victory oil and filters and changed it on time. 2011 XR (Cross Roads)
Name brand, wet clutch compatible...….BAM good to go.

From the lab tests I've seen Vic oil is crap so it proves it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Name brand, wet clutch compatible...….BAM good to go.

From the lab tests I've seen Vic oil is crap so it proves it doesn't matter.
I know this subject is near and dear to you. I was just stating the info I was able to glean. I've used Victory oil, Rotella, and Amsoil. So far I personally found the Amsoil to be the best but I also agree the key thing is to change the oil once a year even with less than 1k miles on that oil or every 4-5k depending on mostly highway or city riding. Around 3k for the early Vic's. Much depends on the tune, how well the bike is running, and how much carbon gets into the oil from just running.

YMMV, FWIW, JMHO.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Agreed Bob.

Not so much near and dear as much as I don't get buying into the $$hype$$. You know if $ brand raised their prices to $$$$$ but left the formula the same it would soon become the greatest thing ever. 200k is damn impressive regardless of anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts