Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Vic owner here from AZ. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Purchased a new 2012 Vegas 8-Ball yesterday...utterly unbelievable.
Anyone from AZ...it me up. Would like to go riding.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats, welcome, and ride safe!

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Welcome.
I live in Chandler. I ride with a group of Vic owners. Pm me if you want.I cant ride this week due to having company and next weekend were out of town.But after that I am open. I can also direct you to some people to ride with.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Tarzan...thanks for that. I will hit you up. I live in NW PHX and am itching for a long ride.

j2m2t2...not from Kelly's. Picked it up from Ride Now power sports in Peoria. Don't really recommend them as a dealership. They act more like a car dealership. Not a horrible experience, but not great either.

Scuba...thanks man. Will probably be planning some rides up north so I shoot you a PM. The visions ARE sexy btw. Actually...haven't found a Victory that isn't. My wife is now drooling over a jackpot.

junk

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vindex...avatar = F*%!$ing hilarious man. Seen a few of your posts and meant to tell you that.
Thanks for the welcome. Hit me up if you wanna ride sometime.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Vindex...avatar = F*%!$ing hilarious man. Seen a few of your posts and meant to tell you that.
Thanks for the welcome. Hit me up if you wanna ride sometime.
That's Glen an old hometown boy. I don't think he lives here anymore.
I'd like to get a ride together and meet at one of the dealers this spring. Local group ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I used to work on a house that was across the street from him. When that shot came out I literally laughed my ass off.

Hit me up when you're ready broseph. I got a fever, and the only cure is a ride ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome newbie!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Tarzan...thanks for that. I will hit you up. I live in NW PHX and am itching for a long ride.

j2m2t2...not from Kelly's. Picked it up from Ride Now power sports in Peoria. Don't really recommend them as a dealership. They act more like a car dealership. Not a horrible experience, but not great either.

Scuba...thanks man. Will probably be planning some rides up north so I shoot you a PM. The visions ARE sexy btw. Actually...haven't found a Victory that isn't. My wife is now drooling over a jackpot.

junk
Sorry to hear you had to deal with those Joker's! Too bad you did not visit Az Victory on Bell Rd.
I bought my last Jap bike from Ride Now. I have officially renamed them "Ride Now....Bend over later!" They have a great service department, though. Make sure you see Scott in the service dept. & tell him Wayne sent you. The sales dept. is definitely a joke for sure.
Good luck with the new ride. I head up Yarnell hill every so often for a breakfast ride. Maybe we can hook up some time.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to deal with those Joker's! Too bad you did not visit Az Victory on Bell Rd.
I bought my last Jap bike from Ride Now. I have officially renamed them "Ride Now....Bend over later!" They have a great service department, though. Make sure you see Scott in the service dept. & tell him Wayne sent you. The sales dept. is definitely a joke for sure.
Good luck with the new ride. I head up Yarnell hill every so often for a breakfast ride. Maybe we can hook up some time.
I did that the first ride on the Vegas. You do see the frog to the left just before the hill?
We rode to Kirkland Junction onto Bagdad for lunch then back to Kirkland through Skull Valley into Prescott out 69 to I-17 and home. LOVE that ride!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Joker man. My mom lives up in Peeples Valley. I knew as soon as I got this bike I'd be making that drive more often. I can imagine what a ride that would be. Ranch House is good for me too.

On the Ride Now front...to be honest I had never heard of Victory before Monday. Now for the brutal honesty...up until Dec 10th I had never driven a motorcycle. That day I bought a Rebel 250, took the MSF class the next weekend, got my endorsement the next day, traded the rebel in for a Victory this past Monday. That's the short version. So...having known, yes I should have gone there. BUT...I learned that lesson and it didn't cost me much ;)
That's my history with motorcycles, and I'm 37 btw. Don't know really anything about them, but I'm learning quick. I have a pretty good mechanical head, so its been fun.

Thanks for listening man. Look forward for a ride up there sometime.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the one Vindex

·
Registered
381 Posts
Time to smile!

I did that the first ride on the Vegas. You do see the frog to the left just before the hill?
We rode to Kirkland Junction onto Bagdad for lunch then back to Kirkland through Skull Valley into Prescott out 69 to I-17 and home. LOVE that ride!!!
Gee Vindex, after a ride like that on a Vic, no smile on your face? :confused: WTF, you look like you just took that ride on a Honda Rebel!:ltr::soapbox:dance 1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gee Vindex, after a ride like that on a Vic, no smile on your face? :confused: WTF, you look like you just took that ride on a Honda Rebel!:ltr::soapbox:dance 1
*Sarcasm*

C'mon Joker...a Rebel couldn't even make it up that hill. Sheesh, get with the program!:crzy:

*End Sarcasm

LOL...nah, in all reality it was a great bike to start off with. I just grew out of it much faster than anticipated. I can't imagine making that ride with that bike though. Now with this Vic, that's all I think about.

I want to go now, being at work is becoming more intolerable with my 8ball in the parking lot just outside :mad:

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
I'm smiling oh yea I'm smiling. I even smile every day riding back and forth to work.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rebel?

*Sarcasm*

C'mon Joker...a Rebel couldn't even make it up that hill. Sheesh, get with the program!:crzy:

*End Sarcasm

LOL...nah, in all reality it was a great bike to start off with. I just grew out of it much faster than anticipated. I can't imagine making that ride with that bike though. Now with this Vic, that's all I think about.

I want to go now, being at work is becoming more intolerable with my 8ball in the parking lot just outside :mad:
My wife is on a starter bike, Suzuki GZ250, affectionately known as the "Pink Lady", white with pink flames. I picked it up for her on craigs list & drove it all 60 miles from Apache Junction to Peoria. You can imagine the looks I got! At first I stayed on side streets but jumped on the freeway about
1/2 way back & was amazed I was able to get 70 mph out of that tiny motor. She is getting almost 70 mpg around town.....incredible!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My wife is on a starter bike, Suzuki GZ250, affectionately known as the "Pink Lady", white with pink flames. I picked it up for her on craigs list & drove it all 60 miles from Apache Junction to Peoria. You can imagine the looks I got! At first I stayed on side streets but jumped on the freeway about
1/2 way back & was amazed I was able to get 70 mph out of that tiny motor. She is getting almost 70 mpg around town.....incredible!
LMFAO!!:ltr:
Great story Joker. Trying to get my wife on a 250. She's just not ready yet. I've been riding to work all week and have to say each day just keeps getting better!! Although this 500 mile break in period is killing me!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey

new guy here in Tucson, AZ 2005 kingpin just waitin to post my pic of bike. Have a few questions for the other areas when I am allowed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts