Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to the damper rod forks on the cruisers, I've been linking Race Tech's emulators as a way to improve fork action, but I've stumbled across another brand that makes a product that fits the Vics and requires no drilling of the damper rod. It still may require cutting a spacer in the fork though. Anyway, here's a link to a review and one to the mfg:

http://cycleguidemagazine.blogspot.com/2010/09/product-review-ricor-intiminator-fork.html

http://store.ricorshocks.com/victory_s/43.htm

·
Registered
848 Posts
Check with Traxxion Dynamics in Georgia. They did my 05 Wing and turned into a Sport bike. I am told that they have done a bunch of Victories too.

Check with Max.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only someone would make it for the Cross Bikes...
Cross bikes already have a cartridge suspension. But surely a place like Squatch mentioned makes a better one. Personally, I haven't found mine lacking in any way yet.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
When it comes to the damper rod forks on the cruisers, I've been linking Race Tech's emulators as a way to improve fork action, but I've stumbled across another brand that makes a product that fits the Vics and requires no drilling of the damper rod. It still may require cutting a spacer in the fork though. Anyway, here's a link to a review and one to the mfg:

http://cycleguidemagazine.blogspot.com/2010/09/product-review-ricor-intiminator-fork.html

http://store.ricorshocks.com/victory_s/43.htm
I have been planning on installing RT's emulators on the Judge that I will soon be buying but now this post has me rethinking! The Intimidators are simpler to install but after doing a quick bit of reading, many prefer the RT's because of the adjustablebility. Looks like some more research will be required. By the way, The Intimidators are on sale at the moment which brings them more inline with RT's prices...mmmm! :confused:

Cheers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Does anyone know if the kingpin front end will bolt onto the judge ? I know it will on the Vegas, so I'd bet it would on a Judge. Might be a less expensive alternative.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
275 Posts
Its expensive swapping a complete front end, Top n bottom triple tree, fork legs, fender, wheel, spindle maybe a tyre/spacers. Brake caliper, disc and brake lines if going from single to dual disc.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its expensive swapping a complete front end, Top n bottom triple tree, fork legs, fender, wheel, spindle maybe a tyre/spacers. Brake caliper, disc and brake lines if going from single to dual disc.
A Hammer's front tire also matches the rear of the Vegas. It doesn't match the Judge's.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah didnt think of that :) use judge wheel and fender?
The odds of the Judge's fender/wheel fitting the Hammer's inverted forks are pretty small.

8-9-2013 7-38-10 AM.jpg

8-9-2013 7-38-38 AM.jpg

Anyway, seems to me that the emulators are the far easier and cheaper solution.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was under the impression that all the wheels interchanged on the newer style vics. Pretty sure one of the reputable techs posted that they do, wasent to long ago either.
Im sure a simple bracket could make the fender work to.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was under the impression that all the wheels interchanged on the newer style vics. Pretty sure one of the reputable techs posted that they do, wasent to long ago either.
Im sure a simple bracket could make the fender work to.
Yeah, the Hammer's appear to have brackets as it is. Maybe they'd work, maybe you could find a machinist to fashion you one that would, but who wants to drop a grand or so on a Hammer front end to find out?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Saddlebag, I see that you are on a CR so you wouldn't need the RT emulators but have you used them in the past or do you know someone using them? If so, I was wondering if they required much tweaking or not at all? I suppose that if I installed either the RT emulators or the Intmidators, as is, it would probably be a big improvement for the Judge forks!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saddlebag, I see that you are on a CR so you wouldn't need the RT emulators but have you used them in the past or do you know someone using them? If so, I was wondering if they required much tweaking or not at all? I suppose that if I installed either the RT emulators or the Intmidators, as is, it would probably be a big improvement for the Judge forks!

Cheers
Just know from what I've read. Supposedly, the RT are adjustable, but you'd have to disassemble the forks (though not necessarily remove them) to do it, so my guess is it wouldn't get done often.

Here's some light reading:

http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators-How They Work

The Intiminators can't be adjusted with a screw, but you could mix a heavier fork oil with the 5w they recommend to increase the damping rates.

I think adding either could require cutting a shim so as not to effect spring preload. To be honest, it won't hurt to add more holes to the damper rod if using the Intiminator, that way, if adding a thicker oil to increase the compression, would not create potential hydraulic lock issues.

At the end of the day, damping rods are a compromise between too much dive when braking/cornering or too much constriction (hydraulic lock) over sharp bumps. Traveling down a relatively smooth road in a straight line, you'd probably never notice the difference. If you like to play hard though, I bet you'll notice a nice improvement.

It's just nice to know there are solutions out there to correct for Victory's budget cutting. But then, for most people who piddle around on their cruisers, such improvements may be unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
It's just nice to know there are solutions out there to correct for Victory's budget cutting. But then, for most people who piddle around on their cruisers, such improvements may be unnecessary.
Yes, it is nice to have some options and although I'm sure that both options will be an improvement, I am leaning towards the RT emulators...for the moment!

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts