Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second cable, installed 65,000 miles ago, finally broke. I was doing my weekly decompression ride between work and barroom trivia. I kept riding figuring I'd find some suitable, paved spot to install my saveyouride. After about 6 miles I came upon a school, pulled in and 15 minutes later left to go to trivia...on the bike.
I can't complain about the 65,00 miles on the cable. I ordered another seeing the bike has 76,000 on it anyhow. When it comes in, I'll install it and service the Lloyd's air filter while the tank is off, and anything else I need the tank off to do.
Grease the cable ends often and they last a long time. This time I do intend to polish the rub points at both ends. Maybe I can get 100k out of this one.cheers

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
My second cable, installed 65,000 miles ago, finally broke. I was doing my weekly decompression ride between work and barroom trivia. I kept riding figuring I'd find some suitable, paved spot to install my saveyouride. After about 6 miles I came upon a school, pulled in and 15 minutes later left to go to trivia...on the bike.
I can't complain about the 65,00 miles on the cable. I ordered another seeing the bike has 76,000 on it anyhow. When it comes in, I'll install it and service the Lloyd's air filter while the tank is off, and anything else I need the tank off to do.
Grease the cable ends often and they last a long time. This time I do intend to polish the rub points at both ends. Maybe I can get 100k out of this one.cheers
What brand cable broke?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Or you could get a hydraulic...

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I had a factory cable last 167,000 once the bike wore out before the cable did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts