Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 2014 Vision Tour. How do I know if I have or don't have the XM radio ?:confused:

Being a brand new owner, bear with me for a few. Been on Triumphs for all of my adult life except for a Norton once.

·
Registered
209 Posts
my xm unit is inside the right side saddle bag front compartment cubby hole.

·
13,003 Posts
put your radio on auxiliary and see if you have sound.
Dough you do but for a lot of money you can find one on ebay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not installed, and thanks. Happy to have any kind of music on board. I guess I need to buy a larger I Pod. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We took Black Betty for a run down 176 into South Carolina, fueled up and rode into Chesnee for early dinner at the Bantam Chef reetsurant then back up and onto Highway 9 around Lake Lure and then back home.

I noticed that in 90 + temps that seat gets hot. Put my Air Hawk on it this morning to see if that helps. I also have the Alaska Leather sheepskin. only other option would be the beaded seat cushion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mileage ?????? What kind of mileage do you guys get? Note, I am still in the first 500 miles so I know the mileage will change as I ride it.

I would almost swear that my 2294 cc Rocket III got better mileage. Too early too tell.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mileage ?????? What kind of mileage do you guys get? Note, I am still in the first 500 miles so I know the mileage will change as I ride it.

I would almost swear that my 2294 cc Rocket III got better mileage. Too early too tell.
Depending on throttle twist, you should get between 38 - 44 MPG. I average right at 40 MPG. Did you buy the bike for mileage or pleasure? :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its not installed, and thanks. Happy to have any kind of music on board. I guess I need to buy a larger I Pod. :)
If you want the factory XM unit, it is pricey and you need an additional $70 cable as well but it works great. I also have the ipod connector and extension cable so I could put the ipod in the saddlebag instead of the glove compartment. If you get the ipod connector, it integrates with the radio display and you can select songs or playlists as well as control volume.

·
13,003 Posts
You can find go deals on ipods on craigslist.

For mileage use your phone to do the math. The gauge gives you estimate. When you fill up after pump shuts off keep going you can get a half gallon more in. Wiggle the bars to get the air out of the two tanks quicker.
When you get to around 2500 miles you should be around 40 + miles to the gallon.
Yup your ass does get hot its a shame cause the bike is so great. I use fur to keep comfie.
There is a good victory vision forum on the net with some smart vision guys
Buy a good tire gauge and check your tires the first of every month and when it gets over 95 degrees check every two weeks. You'll find a loss of 3 to 4 pounds not much but it shortens your tire life.
Double check what your dealer does to the bike till you trust them

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have purchased and await delivery of the expensive ipod cable. Any installation tips ?
Carefully pull the current cable through the grommet in the glove box to get the connector out. Be careful not to pull it apart from the rest of the cable, if you do you will then need to remove the center dash to access it.

Once you get the connector out, you can unplug your old one and plug the new one in and stuff it back through the grommet. I think the new one might have two connectors, I don't remember that I needed both...

·
Registered
307 Posts
No sweat

I have purchased and await delivery of the expensive ipod cable. Any installation tips ?
I bought one of the (solid gold?) IPOD cables (off the shelf no less)in Albuquerque NM and pulled it through (as mentioned by LJurgens). The instillation is far less painful than you imagine. I did have to carefully fish the unused 4(?) pin out but it was easy enough. Once installed turn on the system and cycle through to aux. It should show up as your ipod. I haven't figured out how to have it "not play" yet (because once in a while I want the CB on with no other noise) but failing that its easy to install and great to use......

Keep the shiny side up

·
13,003 Posts
pop the rubber plug out of glove box
then fish the wire thru it. Put plug back in.
With glove box open grab edge of center panel in front of seat and pull it up. Now you should find the end of the plug inn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts