Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not picking it up until Monday, but so far, couldn't be happier!
130 hp, 125 fp of torque! Should be a beast! I'm gonna have to learn how to ride all over again!:ltr:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Super numbers.....:)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What mods have you done?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Full top end rebuild...104 kit, 438 cams, PMRT intake, PC III USB, Bassani 2-1, adjustable timing wheel, upgraded clutch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Full top end rebuild...104 kit, 438 cams, PMRT intake, PC III USB, Bassani 2-1, adjustable timing wheel, upgraded clutch.
Nice, very nice...your story makes me a bit itchy to mod up even more my 06 Hammer...really nice numbers. Don't burn that 250 off the rear right when you get it back...give it some time...then burn it off. Post updates on how it runs, please.

·
Registered
608 Posts
130 hp, 125 fp of torque! Should be a beast! I'm gonna have to learn how to ride all over again!:ltr:
Wow
Yes Pls update us with what you think of it.
That sounds awesome.....

·
Registered
107 Posts

Good Lord! Those numbers are reduculous! Thumbs up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
104 kit, where did you start? My stock engine is 106. Is this a 92 or a 100 CI upgrade?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Wow, your right, you are going to have a beast on your hands!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well...rode it home yesterday. Smiled for 250 miles, until I got home and noticed how sun burnt my arms were!:mad: Runs super smooth, cool, (very little heat from the engine) and pulls hard in every gear at any speed. Took me a little while to get used to it again ( I only rode it for about 150 miles before I took it down there after buying it), but once I did, I was totally relaxed on it. Thumps along at 2500 rpm at 60mph in fifth gear just as smooth as butter. Made it 175 miles before the gas light came on...got 47 miles per gallon! Had no idea it would be that good.
Basically, Rylan told me to treat it like a race engine...lots of warm up time and refrain from short trips.
He also rebuilt the fuel pump, upgraded the clutch cable, and skipped the timing wheel (didn't need it). Now I just gotta ride that back tire off before it starts getting cold outside!:ride:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well...rode it home yesterday. Smiled for 250 miles, until I got home and noticed how sun burnt my arms were!:mad: Runs super smooth, cool, (very little heat from the engine) and pulls hard in every gear at any speed. Took me a little while to get used to it again ( I only rode it for about 150 miles before I took it down there after buying it), but once I did, I was totally relaxed on it. Thumps along at 2500 rpm at 60mph in fifth gear just as smooth as butter. Made it 175 miles before the gas light came on...got 47 miles per gallon! Had no idea it would be that good.
Basically, Rylan told me to treat it like a race engine...lots of warm up time and refrain from short trips.
He also rebuilt the fuel pump, upgraded the clutch cable, and skipped the timing wheel (didn't need it). Now I just gotta ride that back tire off before it starts getting cold outside!:ride:
So it sounds like you left your CC there and said dont call till its POWERFUL ????

It started off as a 100" now its a 104 ?
How the hell did they get 130HP outta that thing.
How is the idle ?

It would be cool to have a lumpy idle to go with new cams.
130HP wow

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
How does my 106 with PCV, cams, TT, and timing wheel only get 115HP and 120TQ but your 104" gets 130HP?
Different pipes?

·
Registered
69 Posts
How does my 106 with PCV, cams, TT, and timing wheel only get 115HP and 120TQ but your 104" gets 130HP?
Reworked heads, higher compression, tighter pistons (less blow by) in conjunction with the other mods.

Engines are nothing more than an air pump. The more air you can move in and out, the higher the potential power.

Then there's dyno variations to consider as we'll.

I wonder how much more cfms those Lloyds heads flow over stock?

One thing is for certain. This motors seem to respond really well to typical hot rodding mods.

Impressive cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thought I'd post a quick update for anyone who cares...have 1200 miles on it now since I brought it home, and I swear it runs better every time I take it for a ride. Runs smooth, starts great,gets awesome gas mileage, and the power is unbelievable! Plus I've gotten to teach a few people a lesson on being cocky (destroyed a V-Rod and a Kawi Mean Streak without even trying.).thumb up

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Upgrade to a 110" or 116" with all the normal goodies. You could also just increase the compression on your stock displacement as has been done by The Vic Shop in the past. But if you're already opening in up the cylinders you might as well go for the bigger bore as well. The stock heads on the 106" bikes are also not as good for making power as the 92" and 100" were, so you're already starting at a disadvantage.

The graph is a Vic Shop 106" Cross bike

"A very simple 106" build with stock pistons, quiet pipes, 87 octane compatible. Before and after the work is pictured. Also note the 5500 redline, revving farther probably would have made into the low 130's for horsepower! :0"
"The mods were: more compression (still stock bore) VM1HPT cams, Lloydz adjustable intake with filter spacer, timing wheel, AFT gen4 fuel controller, Adam Bomb pipes, variable clutch. So although simple, it IS a labor intensive build."

If you do for for the mods, have fun and keep us informed!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts