Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2007 Victory Kingpin Touring model after selling my 2009 HD Ultra Classic. I must say I am enjoying the extra power and the styling of this beautiful bike.

2007 Victory Kingpin Touring
Touring Seat
Stage 1 High Performance Exhaust
Intake

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! thumb up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I cannot believe how much cooler these Victory motors run than HDs. My Ultra nearly burned my legs even with the deflectors. My 100CI Vic motor is sool cool I can just about touch it.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Thanks! I cannot believe how much cooler these Victory motors run than HDs. My Ultra nearly burned my legs even with the deflectors. My 100CI Vic motor is sool cool I can just about touch it.
Yeah, you just can't overheat these engines. You can ride them through hell and back and you won't have to pull over. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, the 96" HD motors ran WAY hot, at least on the tour bikes. My ElectraGlide would cook the underside of my leg too. A Power Commander helped, but not enough.
The 106" runs much cooler. Not to mention, it doesn't have any of the vibration of the Harley. While some might find the vibration endearing, it sucks balls on a long trip. I'm not that fond of numb hands after a couple of hundred miles.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
kellnron...you got yourself a buy and ride bike that's gonna serve you thru thick and thin without fuss or spending a bundle. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Bravo Mate! Welcome to the Victory Clan.

We actually aren't a whole lot different from today Harley Clan except we don't talk about breakdowns so much. Are Victory's perfect? No way! But they are a damn sight better than any other American bike made today. I hope that continues but I also hope HD comes up with a bulletproof motor to match the Victory Freedom motor because as an Amercian; I want to see all American motor companies kick ass!!!!

Show the world we still have it... have what it takes to be number ONE again!

I honestly don't care if it's Victory or HD as long as it's one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts