Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after not riding for 2 weeks due to working out of town i decide to hop the bike and ride to my local pool hall. smooth sailing the 8 miles there.

about a mile from home i am in the outside lane coming up on a traffic light that is green for me. the inside lane is full of cars stopped waiting to turn left. all of a sudden this guy in a pickup pulling a trailer decides he wants my lane and pulls out with no warning or turn signals.

i hit my brakes and lay on my weak ass horn. then i hears tires squealing behind me. i thought oh **** !! i am gonna get squashed between 2 vehicles. i am too busy trying to avoid the truck and trailer to see how close the truck is behind me. the truck pulling out finally sees me ...or hears the tires behind me stops dead still leaving me 2 feet between his bumper and the curve for me to squeeze by. i thought ...damn ...that was close as i cruised on through the green light.

a mile down the road i pull up to the red light gonna make a left turn into my sub division. of course my bike does not trigger the left turn light so when it changes to all green i wait for the oncoming traffic to pass. after all the oncoming cars that were sitting at the light passed i started to turn but a car pulled out of a d/w by the light and put their turn signal on indicating they were gonna turn down the same road i was .

i had time to turn if i really wanted to but after that close call i decided to wait. they continued to slow down then all of a sudden they turned off their signal ..sped up and continued straight.
they would have surely hit me if i had decided not to wait..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Stay in your house! Bad things come in 3's!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great job on the escape, and the good decision later on down the road.

I've used my Stebel air horn on a number of occasions to "bounce" some clueless numb-nuts back into their lane, and I must confess it works quite well.

No, it's not the ONLY thing that has kept me safe (before starting another one of 'those' threads) but it's another tool in the old toolbelt.

Just my $.02.

D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts