Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Enjoyed the article and video. They came to the same conclusion that I had formed in my mind. The machines are very close to each other. I prefer the Chieftan simply because I "Like" it more. However, I'm gonna ride the wheels off my XC.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Indian LOOKS way better (HD w/the round headlight in square hole???), and you won't be one of a million out there and instead, one in a million w/the Indian.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
... HD w/the round headlight in square hole???)...
They too the "square peg in a round hole" to another level. :ltr:

I like the color of that HD - reminds me of an old toilet seat.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Having neutral minded riders was the plus in this comparison. Both are nice bikes. The only thing I don't like about the Indian is that chrome piece above the headlight. I'm sure it is supposed to be part of the Head dress art deco theme. If it is simply a cover to service the electric wind shield then I am sure someone will create a painted version.

Indian's got it though with that awesome motor. They will steal the show at gatherings for a good long time. HD's are like Camaros or mustangs. They're everywhere! You have to put thousands into them to stand apart but their still the same bike. A victim of their own success it's just not a big deal to own one anymore. Just another brand to many riders who never drank the Koolaid. Indian/Polaris is new and exciting.

What we need now is for a major publication to do a comparison of the 3 American bagger brands. Victory, Indian, and HD. I bet the Cross Country does well.

·
13,247 Posts
If the Army would of give the contract to Indian there would of maybe never been a Harley. Harley grew from all the vets returning from war.
Indian was a faster bike back in the board racing days.
I'll bet there is less air buffeting on the Harley cause of the angle of the faring.
The gage cluster on the Indian is way better.
The Indian clutch feels dead on pulling and I then there will be problems with it

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What we need now is for a major publication to do a comparison of the 3 American bagger brands. Victory, Indian, and HD. I bet the Cross Country does well.
It should, it is the best bike of the three.

I think the Chiefton looks okay in blue, though I'm still not a fan of those fenders, but as looks go, I'd give it to Harley, though I'd take the Road King over all those rolling televisions. I think last years red on black XC was better looking than either of the two in the article.

But between the two, if brand reputation is excluded, I'd prefer the Harley. I don't like it shaking at idle and I don't care for the stubby, mushy suspension, but there is plenty of help for that in the marketplace. The guy riding it in the video was making time and that SG seemed right at home doing it.

I even like the toilet seat color. :D

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I suppose many see it differently and while I clearly like the Indian far better, already owned a SG among many other HD's .. I would say Indian won this by a slight Edge if at all ..

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
So if I had a choice to own one of the three, I would still want my 11XC. Love my bike. thumb up

·
Registered
105 Posts
I traded a 2012 road king for my xc. The XC is a much better bike in almost every way. The exclusion is when running hard on the highway the XC has a high freq vibe that didn't exist on the RK. I love the ergo's so much better on the Xc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts