Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sweden.

I dont have a victory....yet, but I hope to have one by next year. Mlooking forward to learn moro about victorys here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
High Ball or hammer/S/8ball. Those are the ones that really appeal to me the most.
I like the whole touring lineup as well but I sold my HD street glide to get a "smaller" bike.

Going to a dealer friday to take a closer look at the bikes :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2012 Cross Country and love it. If I were to get a second, I'd look at the Hammer for a hooligan ride. Let us know what you looked at and your impressions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I went to the dealer yesterday... and wow. The had jackpots, kingpins, hammers, high balls, vegas's and a vison. All the cross bikes where sold out.

I really liked the victorys. Beautifull made and to me very modern bikes. Only thing I miss was ABS on the non touring bikes.

I liked all the models, but the ones I came to see was the Hammer and the high ball. Seeing them in person and sitting on them have not made it easier to choose which one I reall want. Both apeal to me in different ways. The power cruiser Hammer with the 250 rear tire is one badass bike. Real potent and rough.... I like it. The high ball has that old school fell and the apes where really comfy.

If I had to put money down today I would not know which one to get :(

But one thing is for sure... Victory is for me :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
What kind of riding do you do 80% of the time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mostly just around town and back roads. At least thats 80% of the time.
Some highway riding, but here speed is not a must.

·
Registered
442 Posts
so not much of a canyon carver?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do most of my carving at work... Im a motorcycle police officer thumb up

Seriously I do like to hit the twisties once i an while.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for serving!

If I were choosing between the two and wanted a handling bike id go high ball

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweden's awesome. Hope to be able to do a ride there one day.

Mamba
Sweden IS awsome. Thats why I live here. Im from Denmark and work in Denmark. I live in Sweden because I like it better and everything seems to bee cheaper. Especially cars and bikes due to the tax you pay in denmark on cars and bikes.

Also riding in Sweden is the most relaxing place I have ever riden.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for serving!

If I were choosing between the two and wanted a handling bike id go high ball
Have you riden both? Why do you think the high ball is a better handling bike?
I have heard and read in reviews that even with the 250 rear tire on the hammer its a really good handling bike.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Have you riden both? Why do you think the high ball is a better handling bike?
I have heard and read in reviews that even with the 250 rear tire on the hammer its a really good handling bike.
They lied.

Now granted, it's nothing a person couldn't get used to, but ride a Hammer and a Kingpin back to back and the drawbacks from the silly fad of mounting cartoonish tires will become abundantly clear.

Then again, if you are into relaxing riding, the nimbleness of your steed may not be all that important. But don't let anyone kid you, balloon tires do not improve handling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They lied.

Now granted, it's nothing a person couldn't get used to, but ride a Hammer and a Kingpin back to back and the drawbacks from the silly fad of mounting cartoonish tires will become abundantly clear.

Then again, if you are into relaxing riding, the nimbleness of your steed may not be all that important. But don't let anyone kid you, balloon tires do not improve handling.
Ok thats interesting. Of course I will not buy any bike before I have tried it on the road first.

But I wonder what the apes on the high ball does to the handling of that bike then??

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ok thats interesting. Of course I will not buy any bike before I have tried it on the road first.

But I wonder what the apes on the high ball does to the handling of that bike then??
I have never tried them, but I doubt they have much influence on handling. After all, they are not going to inhibit the bike's ability to flop from side to side. The biggest issue with those would be ergonomics. And maybe with a windscreen, the effect of creating a sail of oneself would probably even be reasonably neutralized.

Anyway, with the Highball, at least when one is finished posing like an alpha ape hanging from a branch, a few bolts can be loosened, the handlebars lowered, and a nice, comfortable ride can be taken. And besides that it has a groovy paint scheme and whitewalls, but its owner will have to live with tubed tires.

Trade-offs in everything I suppose...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have never tried them, but I doubt they have much influence on handling. After all, they are not going to inhibit the bike's ability to flop from side to side. The biggest issue with those would be ergonomics. And maybe with a windscreen, the effect of creating a sail of oneself would probably even be reasonably neutralized.

Anyway, with the Highball, at least when one is finished posing like an alpha ape hanging from a branch, a few bolts can be loosened, the handlebars lowered, and a nice, comfortable ride can be taken. And besides that it has a groovy paint scheme and whitewalls, but its owner will have to live with tubed tires.

Trade-offs in everything I suppose...
haha true... as I said I have to try them both before desiding. It did however feel pretty comfy to pose like an alpha ape hanging from a branch :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
was about to answer the question, but saddlebag did a good job of answering it for me.

While the Highball is not exactly my cup of tea, out of the two it would be my preference for the stated reasons.

as for the apes, when the bars are dropped down I think they are a pretty comfortable angle and reach. heck i'd buy them for my kingpin if they weren't so stupid expensive from victory.

good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kinda in the same boat myself Love the look feel and ride of the High Ball BUT the 2012 Hard Ball looks GREAT too and the Wife like that one more .. SO now I gotta wait til the dealer gets one to look at in person !!

But looks like fore sure next bike is A Victory!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts