Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting my swept pipes back on. Now since we all know they suck. Would a better option be getting highball take offs from ebay or w/e and changing out the slipons?

Currently 2 into 1 and im not pleased with the look.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
So how many have offered to buy your thors? Hehe

Ok.. It's not a terrible idea. I've thought of finding a set of stock slip ons, butchering out the stock baffle and running raw with big city thunder baffles in the tail end of the headers after gutting the cats. I wonder how it'd do myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The head pipes are crossed over on these right. That should be a performance boost over the vic swept.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
If you gut the cats you should yank the o2 sensors. I have heard a set of stock cans that have had the baffles removed and they sound good...they pop but it's hard to find a set of pipes that don't and alot of that depends on the rider.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd consider the PCV+AT utilizing the O2 ports rather than plugging them but that's another matter. I tell ya, on going a modified stock route I would like to know Lloyd's take on it.. I think he had some stock exhaust graphs that turned out fairly good. Granted the conversation would probably go full circle back to the Thor's for performance.

NJ8BALL, are yours chrome or black? Hehe :) Hmm trade my stocks for your thors maybe, unevenly of course.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd consider the PCV+AT utilizing the O2 ports rather than plugging them but that's another matter. I tell ya, on going a modified stock route I would like to know Lloyd's take on it.. I think he had some stock exhaust graphs that turned out fairly good. Granted the conversation would probably go full circle back to the Thor's for performance.

NJ8BALL, are yours chrome or black? Hehe :) Hmm trade my stocks for your thors maybe, unevenly of course.

Someone hit me up already, on them. Not 100% where Im going.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The head pipes are crossed over on these right. That should be a performance boost over the vic swept.

I'am so glad someone besides me realized this.
Unless aftermarket pipes have a crossover you will lose performance over the stock head pipes.thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've thought of finding a set of stock slip ons, butchering out the stock baffle and running raw with big city thunder baffles in the tail end of the headers after gutting the cats. I wonder how it'd do myself.
I pulled the CATs and baffles out of my '11 XR this winter. Put about 500 miles on it since then and no noticeable loss of horse power or gas mileage. No backfiring, popping, etc, but I also run a PCV + AT. I love the sound...but it is LOUD! So loud I'm considering putting some Big City baffles back in to see if it helps plus give a little backpressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts