1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25 Posts
http://canadamotoguide.com/2014/06/26/bmw-to-announce-r1200-rt-solution-soon/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Monthly+Newsletter

Did Victory offer any compensation when they issued there do not ride recall (unlikely)

I like this bike. But I never thought BMW was ever at the top of the reliability charts. Anything German seems to be over engineered and over complicated. Keep it simple is not in the vocabulary.

But I still think its a cool bike.
Yea it is a cool bike. My brother has a deposit down on one and was suppose to take delivery about 3 weeks ago. He has to wait until they get the bikes repaired and ready for delivery. He was not happy but is still riding his 2010 RT. the dealer promised he would be taken care of on this. He has bought several bikes from this dealer and has always been treated in a first class manner. It will take some time to see how it works out, in the mean time he is in Northern California having fun.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it is a cool bike. My brother has a deposit down on one and was suppose to take delivery about 3 weeks ago. He has to wait until they get the bikes repaired and ready for delivery. He was not happy but is still riding his 2010 RT. the dealer promised he would be taken care of on this. He has bought several bikes from this dealer and has always been treated in a first class manner. It will take some time to see how it works out, in the mean time he is in Northern California having fun.
Did he order it with the trunk?
If you watched the Long Way Around videos you will see BMW had rear shock issues there to....

When your brother gets his new bike I hope you will get the opportunity to give it a good test ride and give us your report..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did he order it with the trunk?
If you watched the Long Way Around videos you will see BMW had rear shock issues there to....

When your brother gets his new bike I hope you will get the opportunity to give it a good test ride and give us your report..
No trunk. He doesn't use the one on his 2010. Instead he has a Mag's Bags roll bag that sits on the passenger pillion. He says the bike handles way better loaded that way. I have ridden the one he has and it is great. He has ridden the new ones and says they are definitely better that the previous model.
I will get to ride it when he takes delivery and will be glad to put my 2 cents in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts