1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks for the link Bbob! They also have 6 pages worth of clearance stuff for Vics. One that caught my eye was a mid-height windshield for the XR's for $199.94. I have an extra but is a good price for those want another one to put up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That same mid height shield is on eBay for $164.98 free shipping. I just picked up a spare for myself at that price. Quite a difference between their eBay and retail sight.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
according to vic's parts finch there is none
I'm starting to think there is none too but they indicate a difference by part numbers.

Which parts fiche did you use VJ? Link?

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I could compare these to the Ness Mitered that is hard to find. The Ness bars were adjustable. These look like them but not sure if I would like them. I think they work for Magnum so it will be tempting item to obtain. IDK?
They are about the same size but that's where the similarity stops. The Ness bars as you can see on mine below are angled rather than smooth and like you said; are adjustable.

I liked them but they weren't quite high enough. Close but not quite there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Not quite high enough. hmmm 1 - 2 inchs not high enough... hmmm. Your scallops are very cool. The only thing I can think of to do diff. personally was to bring the bags more to the front. Still... to date one of my favorite custom paints! RIGHTEOUS!!!! Siss Bar Rocks too : ) Those Forged Close outs are on my list... Very Cool Bike!
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The product info states extended fork. With one inch lower rear shock. Does anybody know if these forks are shorter to accommodate the wheel height difference ?
The way it reads is these are a little longer than stock X-bike forks.

One would think it would be the opposite to accommodate the taller wheel but maybe the profile of the tire is shorter. I wouldn't think it would be 3" shorter though. The only reason I can think of for them to be longer would be if a set of raked triple trees were used as well.

Maybe someone with a Magnum can measure the length of their forks (front wheel off the ground) and post it here.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I've always read the Magnum forks are 0.5" shorter than regular CC/CCT forks which never made sense to me since the wheel is a 21" versus an 18". I always assumed the Magnum forks would be longer to keep the same suspension travel.

Then again I never understood how mounting a 21" wheel on a front end designed for an 18" works and prevents the front fender from hitting something.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A .5" difference sounds about right. Remember the difference between an 18" wheel and a 21" wheel is 3" but when halved due to distance from the axle that distance becomes 1.5" then figure the profile of the stock 18" compared to the profile of the 21" is likely around 1" different so the .5" difference sounds about right.

I still don't know what the fork design difference is between an ABS equipped and a non ABS equipped since the ABS ring is outside the axle area by a mile.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
A .5" difference sounds about right. Remember the difference between an 18" wheel and a 21" wheel is 3" but when halved due to distance from the axle that distance becomes 1.5" then figure the profile of the stock 18" compared to the profile of the 21" is likely around 1" different so the .5" difference sounds about right.

I still don't know what the fork design difference is between an ABS equipped and a non ABS equipped since the ABS ring is outside the axle area by a mile.

That's the best explanation I've ever read, thank you BBob!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts