Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Like many, I grew up riding dirt bikes and eventually graduated to sport bikes. Now that I am about to turn 50, I am looking forward to a little more comfort.

My wife and I happened into a very friendly fellow with a 2009 Victory Jackpot in Lucky Lime while visiting the local Harley dealer this week and we both fell in love with his bike. We've since visited the local Victory dealership and are in hot pursuit of a Victory.

Cheers,
Todd

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your interest in Victory! I suggest going to the Victory website and seeing when the Demo Truck is going to be close to you. If you're serious about buying why not do it with a coupon for $1000?!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome! I also switched over from sport bikes to cruisers. Soon enough, I will pick up a sport bike for the track to get my speed fix. Good luck on your purchase and choose Victory over Harley! :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck with the bike search. I agree that the Jackpot's are gorgeous. I grew up on dirt bikes too but was never able to get into sport bikes. The riding position is just so uncomfortable I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The owner of the Lucky Lime who we met recommended that I watch the "Victory vs. Harley" series on YouTube. After having done so, I must say, the Victories are impressive. Thanks for the welcome and the advice!

·
Registered
355 Posts
nice bike and welcome! gunna paint it yellow?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice bike. I too am a former sportbike rider and track rider. The sportbike is great on the track, but for the street the Vic is betterthumb up. Enjoy and get ready to hear "what kind of bike is that?" alot cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
One more pic.
Are you looking to adopt a 31 year old fella as your new found son?:ltr:

Have to love a Lotus and a Mini. thumb up

Is there by any chance another garage with a little Italian Horse in it?

Like you I came from sport bikes but I am/was not near the rider that you are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gunna paint it yellow?
LOL. I have to admit that as great a bike as Victories are, it was largely the color that made me have to have this bike.

Enjoy and get ready to hear "what kind of bike is that?" alot cheers
I get that a lot with the Lotus, too. :)

Is there by any chance another garage with a little Italian Horse in it?
I do have a barn with some more toys. I used to collect cars and motorcycles. I learned that there simply isn't enough time to drive and ride them all. So, instead, I tend to trade one for another with some frequency. Much better plan.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Pictures would be enjoyed all around I assure you. :)

I myself am in the process of cleaning out the garage. I have my 69 Camaro in my fathers garage that I bought at 22 and havent touched in 9 years. Trade off is he keeps his 93 Corvette in my 2nd garage with my 2012 Corvette.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts