Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped my REAR blinkers for ebay ones (non-led) and have been on the hunt for a new way to mount the front ones on, which is a huge PITA btw... Anyway, got it all wired up good, spliced wires in no problem, everything works fine, so I button up the bike, and then the right FRONT blinker stops working. Perplexed, I changed the bulb, nothing. Utterly frustrated, I look to the rear of the bike thinking that the wiring of the blinkers has something to do with a circuit that involves the rear. No, the wires are fine there too... Confused and very frustrated (I know ZERO about electrical) I give up for the night and hit it hard the next day.

I opened up the headlight and fished around in the wiring harness to follow the wire from the blinker to the harness, and I try to swap the front right and left blinkers and neither work when plugged into the harness on the right side. Upon closer examination, I noticed that one of the wires had pulled out of the quick disconnect from the blinker to the wiring harness. I used a bit of electrical tape, buttoned her back up and finally, a working blinker. Outstanding. The most frustrating thing is that I took everything off from the rear fender to taking apart the headlight (tight fit from the HID Kit from Crossroads) and I had no idea what to do.

So needless to say Im happy I figured it out rather than giving up and bringing it to the stealership, so I figured I would share it with y'all considering my hours of searching the forums led me nowhere

·
13,185 Posts
yes electrical wiring is like a plate of spaghetti it all looks the same
never do wiring with out a meter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts