Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my XC yesterday.
Put the tall windshield and lowers on today, that made lots of improvement in wind management.

Was riding today, got caught in rain. Glad I had already put rain gear in the bike.

Got over 450 miles on her now thumb up

Is there a hidden storage box for keeping registration and insurance papers or do we just have to keep them in one of the bags?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats!

On my V-Star my left side cover has a lock on it to secure my tool kit. I RTV'd a zip-lock bag inside the side cover and keep my reg. inside it. The same thing will work on the Cross bikes but you have to be a lot more careful with the side cover. It's tough getting them off without hitting your passenger pegs/floorboards.

Or you can put your reg. in the bags, inside the tool kit; the bags are huge -- it won't take up much room.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Some people are using the clear pencil cases available anywhere stationary is sold. Attached with double sided tape in the saddlebag.

I went another route and had some pouches left from my HD so I just drilled a couple holes and bolted them in. Works great for small stuff; including reg and iPod.

http://www.saracenibags.com/index.html (about half way down the page)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the XC world. No special place for the registration. Put it into a clear plastic bag and put it in a saddlebag where you can find it. I have a little soft lunch bag I keep in the bag with my reg and other little stuff so it doesn't get lost in the saddlebag.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I keep my registration, and proof of insurance card in a perscription bottle that I put in the saddle bag. Bottle adds another barrier of protection, is easy to store and find, and takes up almost no room....

Best,
d2

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked up my XC yesterday.
Put the tall windshield and lowers on today, that made lots of improvement in wind management.

Was riding today, got caught in rain. Glad I had already put rain gear in the bike.

Got over 450 miles on her now thumb up

Is there a hidden storage box for keeping registration and insurance papers or do we just have to keep them in one of the bags?
I have the same color.....congrats!!!

My registration and insurance cards live in my wallet.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congratulations on the new XC! The White/Silver looks great.

I have my documents in a ziplock bag. Seems to do the job so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts