Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I want one that sounds like a semi bearing down on some brainless 16 year old who is talking on a cell phone and driving a prius! You know, something that will scare the piss outta them!

Check this one out...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm not sure if it will physically fit in the same area as the Vegas' horn but you will need to add a relay into the circuit. The OEM horn draws around 3 amps. The Stebel (and I assume the Wolo) draws 18 amps. You will burn up your horn switch if you don't add a relay.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I picked up a Fiamm Freeway Blaster car horn from Napa for $15. fits great in the stock horn location, no relay required. if you have an '07 or older, the oil cooler may be in the way a bit.

·
13,185 Posts
kelticknotts
Go back into your profile and add what kind of bike you have and where you live
it will help you and us the next time you post

·
Registered
81 Posts
All motorcycle horns sound the same so people know what is beeping at them. If you sound like a car, they're looking for a car.

I don't know if it's a Fed requirement but in the PA motorcycle inspection code says you can't make your bike sound like something else........like a car or truck or train.

I had a car horn on my old bike for awhile and didn't like it so I went back to the wimpy, but piercing, MC horn.

·
Registered
229 Posts
All motorcycle horns sound the same so people know what is beeping at them. If you sound like a car, they're looking for a car.
I'd rather sound like a 2000 lb. car than an 800 lb. bike any day. If they are looking for a car, but can't find it, hopefully they will be more cautious. :(

I don't know if it's a Fed requirement but in the PA motorcycle inspection code says you can't make your bike sound like something else........like a car or truck or train.
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.153.html
where on this page does it say you can't use a car horn or a train horn on a motorcycle? :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.153.html
where on this page does it say you can't use a car horn or a train horn on a motorcycle?

Your right. That's the info I was looking for. I remembered reading it and I guess what I drew from what they said wasen't correct. I did say I had a car horn on my bike for awhile. But isn't a train whistle unreasonably loud and harsh? I guess it's up to the Inspector to interpret the rules.

(b) Horn and warning device requirements. A motorcycle shall have a horn or other warning device which is audible under normal conditions at a distance of not less than 200 feet. No vehicle shall be equipped with a siren, bell, whistle or similar device emitting an unreasonably loud or harsh sound, except emergency vehicles and vehicles equipped with an anti-theft device.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I always think of a train 'whistle' as something you'd find on a steam locomotive that goes toot toot! Now that would really be cool on my High-Ball, plus it would help me get noticed! thumb up

That's why I like living here in SC, no inspections. cheers Just about any old piece of ****, as long as it has at least two wheels and a headlight, is legal here, so long as you paid your property tax on it. :ltr:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts