Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many people who have asked how do you turn off the Victory radio. The same answer is always given, you hold the volume button on the minus side until it says off.

That is only partly correct.

Doing that only turns off the volume, if you want to really turn the radio off after you get the volume off you continue to hold the minus side of the volume rocker switch for another two to three seconds and that will turn the radio completely off. The display will now just read the word "VICTORY".

To turn the radio back on all you have to do is push on the plus side of the volume rocker switch and the radio will turn back on and the volume will be preset at number 6.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You mean just like the owners manual say? Huh, who woulda thunk it?;):Dcheers
There, added some emoticons. Sorry I failed to express my sarcasm. I'm having a great day and meant no offense to you.thumb up

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people don't read the owners manual for their vehicles. Sorry you got your pink panties in a wad over a simple answer to what is a confusing issue the way the radio system works.

A lot of people think the radio is off when the volume reads off but that is not correct. I only explained the rest of the procedure to fully turn off the radio.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I posted an edit but then realized edits don't show as new to the thread. Sincere apologies for being offensive. My intent was silliness. Nothing more.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Mine is always off.... oh, I don't have one.

Yes, reading the manual is a good first step, but some of our younger members have been raised in a school environment where self-motivation and taking responsibility for themselves is not taught, ending up with people who will take what they consider the easy way, asking somebody.

Of course maybe some folks here bought a used bike and didn't get a manual.... or something.

And, many people have the "I don't need no stinkin manual" view of the world, where lots of the stuff they've put together has a few missing screws and might be a little crooked.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Most people don't read the owners manual for their vehicles. Sorry you got your pink panties in a wad over a simple answer to what is a confusing issue the way the radio system works.

A lot of people think the radio is off when the volume reads off but that is not correct. I only explained the rest of the procedure to fully turn off the radio.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Somebody get's 'their' panties in a wad easily eh? It's not a big faux pax to say "Read the manual".

But it seems the manual doesn't make it clear here eh....... I'm glad I don't have a radio, I listen to it constantly in my car and it feels nice to turn the damn thing off now and then.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
How do I turn off the radio?
How do I put the kickstand up?
How do I adjust the mirrors so that I can lookee me while riding?
Balance? Momentum? Inertia? Maintenance? Are you kidding?
What does the left hand grip do?
Is there some kind of guard that I can get to keep my flip flops from hanging on the pegs?

Emoticons never considered.
Sarcasm by the bucketload.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
How do I turn off the radio?
How do I put the kickstand up?
How do I adjust the mirrors so that I can lookee me while riding?
Balance? Momentum? Inertia? Maintenance? Are you kidding?
What does the left hand grip do?
Is there some kind of guard that I can get to keep my flip flops from hanging on the pegs?

Emoticons never considered.
Sarcasm by the bucketload.

Pop.....your an odd and funny fella, thumbup

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
121 Posts
Questions

Many people buy USED motorcycles WITHOUT owners manuals. Besides I thought that was what forums like this are for? Jokes and funny responses help all of us get through a day and its all good, but sarcasm by some members is what turns new members away. If anyone has a problem with a legit question just sit back and let someone that wants to help answer it. This is how we expand the forum and bring newbies on board. Seems like some members never have anything constructive of helpful to say just like to talk. This isn't funny or helpful

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Many people buy USED motorcycles WITHOUT owners manuals. Besides I thought that was what forums like this are for? Jokes and funny responses help all of us get through a day and its all good, but sarcasm by some members is what turns new members away. If anyone has a problem with a legit question just sit back and let someone that wants to help answer it. This is how we expand the forum and bring newbies on board. Seems like some members never have anything constructive of helpful to say just like to talk. This isn't funny or helpful
Well, It seems, some of these guys feel a little better about themselves when they try to make others feel stupid/inferior to them. They just don't realize, it shows everyone else what kind of people they are. I see them as egomaniacs with an inferiority complex.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
All of the manuals are available online from Polaris. I read mine 3 times before I picked the bike up so no one would have to read it for me. thumb up

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well it is nice you read the manual three times before picking up your bike. That does not change the fact the Victory radios are not user friendly. Until you use it for a while and use the features of it the radio just is not user intuitive without figuring it out.

That is not unlike some complicated automotive radios.

I still sometimes don't remember how a function works because I don't often use said function and when it suddenly pops up on the radio because I accidently hit a key combination it is a little bit of pain to get the radio back to normal again.

The question about how do you turn off the Victory radio has come up a few times and the answer I have read on forums was the same hold the volume minus button until it says off.

That is not correct as that only turns off the volume leaving the radio on. In order to turn off the radio you have to hold the volume minus button for two to three seconds after the volume is off for the radio to fully shut off instead of staying on. The word Victory will be displayed until you turn the radio back on by pressing the volume plus button and the volume will be preset at number 6 when you do that.

I am sure there are and will be many who will find what I posted useful information.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine is always off.... oh, I don't have one.

Yes, reading the manual is a good first step, but some of our younger members have been raised in a school environment where self-motivation and taking responsibility for themselves is not taught, ending up with people who will take what they consider the easy way, asking somebody.

Of course maybe some folks here bought a used bike and didn't get a manual.... or something.

And, many people have the "I don't need no stinkin manual" view of the world, where lots of the stuff they've put together has a few missing screws and might be a little crooked.
my first instinct is to fiddle with it if that doesnt work then i read the manual, that doesnt work i search it out on the internet, if that doesnt work i break down, admit defeat and make contact with other living beings with my question

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks Vic 1. I seem to have missed the instruction for turning off the radio. Yes I looked for it.

I see the humor in some of the posts. I also know we don't all have a book, and forums are a great place to find out things that the book missed or put in a place that it seems hard to find.
Cheers

·
Registered
450 Posts
No sarcasm this time. Page 108 of the owners manual bullet "#3...........When volume is decreased until "OFF" displays, continuing to press and hold VOL(-) for 2 seconds will turn the radio off."

For those that don't have a manual, you can go to the Vic site, register an account and download yours or any you like. Save it as a PDF file and when you need to find something, CTL f, will open the PDF search of the open PDF document.

I'm all for using the forums to get answers. But as the OP pointed out, they aren't always correct.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/2014/owners-manual.aspx

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That does not change the fact the Victory radios are not user friendly.

If you haven't already, try figuring out the radio/stereo controls on a Yamaha Royal Star Venture WITH the manual ... now that is not user friendly!

That is not correct as that only turns off the volume leaving the radio on. In order to turn off the radio you have to hold the volume minus button for two to three seconds after the volume is off for the radio to fully shut off instead of staying on. The word Victory will be displayed until you turn the radio back on by pressing the volume plus button and the volume will be preset at number 6 when you do that.

I am sure there are and will be many who will find what I posted useful information.
I found it useful .... for not much ;) :D.

I figure, if the volume is so low that you can't hear it, for all intents and purposes, it's off! LOL

So why turn an off system more off?

:crzy:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Actually there has been several times ive wanted to shut mine off and have never gotten around to dig in the maual for it. Mine has gotten wet and the display goes all funky so i wanted to just shut it off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts