Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have XC for 4 days now and I was trying to move the antenna mast around and the darm thing broke off with the treads still screwed in and flush with the base.
How am I going to get the threads out without having to replace the entire base?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Broken antenna

Easy answer is to use an easy out.
If you don't have one go to your friendly neighborhood parts store and buy one for a few bucks. You'll have to drill a small pilot hole to fit the easy out. Put the easy out into a tap handle or adjustable wrench and while pushing down into the pilot hole turn the wrench counterclockwise and the broken stub should come right. I can't imagine there's a lot of torque holding it in.

Good luck

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Take a sharp center punch and a hammer. Tap an indentation close to the edge of the piece to be removed. Place the tip of the punch in the indentation and with the hammer, tap the punch and piece in a counterclockwise direction.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... the antenna mast around and the darm thing broke off ...
It didn't break off, you broke it! :ltr:

To fix, try what the other fellas already suggested - you might add some WD40 to help out the process. Good luck, and be nice with the next antenna. cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts