Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am easily amused, but also easily confused. I am mounting an older XM radio pod (that I can use everywhere) onto my handlebars and I am installing a Delphi SKYFi universal adapter which taps into the FM antenna cable and transmits to the radio when activated, it seems to be a professional quality rig. So this morning I mounted the control head successfully, next is the switching box with its antenna connectors...Motorola style.

So I removed the front batwing valance and behind it was taped an antenna ground, it tee'd to a simple wire antenna and a screw on connector like a mini coax connector.

Here is the question: What kind of connector is this tiny thing? it is clearly a coax connector and it is threaded but it is smaller than the BNC/RG48 style connectors. I need to somehow convert from the huge motorola antenna connectors we all know and love, to this tiny thing. Radio Shack had nothing. I can order and solder if I can find the spec.... or, Is there a Motorola style connector further? downstream...closer to the radio?

Bewildered in Mesa, AZ. Yes it is getting warmer now. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
befuddlement continued

So a sage friend of mine said "son, it's an SMA connector!" so I dutifully ordered a male/female connector. Not...nada...doesn't fit, the SMA connector will not copulate with the Victory's most clever coaxial connector...

...what will our hero find?

...have aliens indeed designed this motorcycle?

...When will the dulcet tones of attempted urbanity the XM radio company purveys -stream through my vision speakers?

...stay tuned, "same bat time, same bat channel!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts