Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what I hate more than one gun? It's two guns.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You know what I hate more than one gun? It's two guns.
You do not like two guns and lead.
You do not fear for your homestead.

You do not like them on your hip.
You do not like them with a clip.

You will not take them chrome or black.
You will not take them on attack.

Destroy those guns today you say.
Destroy those guns without delay!

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do YOU want near your house? Will the craziness never end? This should be banned.

·
Registered
566 Posts
A thread about having “hate” for a mechanical device?!

This is bound to be real productive… :rolleyes:

Well, since we’re on the subject of mechanical devices we hate: You know what I hate more than one ignorant drone who "hates" guns? Two ignorant drones who "hate" guns…

CNN seems to have great success producing these drones, and I too wonder: when will the craziness stop!?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
A thread about having “hate” for a mechanical device?!
Why is that any more ridiculous than having feelings of love for a hunk of metal?

This is bound to be real productive… :rolleyes:
It's been said, "ya get what ya pay for."

Well, since we’re on the subject of mechanical devices we hate: You know what I hate more than one ignorant drone who "hates" guns? Two ignorant drones who "hate" guns…
There's a thread for that. But this one is the pro-anti thread.

CNN seems to have great success producing these drones, and I too wonder: when will the craziness stop!?
Sometime just briefly after humans regain their sense of humor.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I hate criminals with guns, irresponsible people with guns, terrorists with guns, and politicians that assume guns are meant for killing and not for protection.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Anti-Gun thread-(NOT for Pro-Gun Debate)

This about covers taking away both the 1st amendment right of free speech and the second amendment right to bear arms. If you don't like the American Constitution and it's Amendments... please feel free to move out!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Anti-Gun thread-(NOT for Pro-Gun Debate)

This about covers taking away both the 1st amendment right of free speech and the second amendment right to bear arms. If you don't like the American Constitution and it's Amendments... please feel free to move out!
You think you have the right of free speech on a moderated forum? You think anyone who thinks there is a line for "arms bearable by citizens" different from your own (and I bet you have a line too) is less of an American than you? How very democratic of you...

·
Registered
545 Posts
You think you have the right of free speech on a moderated forum? You think anyone who thinks there is a line for "arms bearable by citizens" different from your own (and I bet you have a line too) is less of an American than you? How very democratic of you...
Unless specifically denied by the rules of the forum... ie in real life not having the right to yell "fire" in a crowded venue..., of course I have the right to free speech.

And NO... you have the right to your opinion, but if your opinion is against the commonly accepted interpretation of fact based on historical evidence, then it is merely your opinion and doesn't have to be mine or anyone else's.

Less American... you bet your ass. Patriotic is the word that you have forgotten... I am not democratic if it means ruled by the majority opinion of the "What's in it for me?" crowd.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
And NO... you have the right to your opinion, but if your opinion is against the commonly accepted interpretation of fact based on historical evidence, then it is merely your opinion and doesn't have to be mine or anyone else's.
How is hating a gun "against fact based historical evidence?" Is hating a lawn sprinkler equally as offensive?

Anyway, for all the malarkey about gun haters on this forum, I've yet to see a single soul come out for banning them. One or two maybe for changing where the current lines are drawn, regarding regulation.

Less American... you bet your ass. Patriotic is the word that you have forgotten... I am not democratic if it means ruled by the majority opinion of the "What's in it for me?" crowd.
Everyone is in the "what's in it for me crowd." Why do you think the Koch brothers and other billionaires spend millions of dollars financing campaigns of people who would de-regulate their activities and neglect to prosecute even the laws the don't reverse? You think they give a sh*t about anything but their pocketbooks?

Whether you want unlimited gun rights, welfare, special tax breaks, Medicare, or whatever, there are few who aren't in the "what's in it for me crowd." If you think it's remotely "Patriotic" to undermine democracy because you don't like the outcome, I'd say it's you who needs to learn a little more about "accepted interpretations of fact based on historical evidence." I'm pretty certain you won't find a thing in the Constitution about promoting minority ruled dictatorships just because things don't go your way.

·
Registered
545 Posts
How is hating a gun "against fact based historical evidence?" Is hating a lawn sprinkler equally as offensive?Quote)

You are confused... the second amendment does not require that a citizen loves or even likes a gun, so the inverse, hating a gun for the sake of changing the amendment holds no water. The second amendment has no regard for how you're "feeling"... get over it.

(Quote=Everyone is in the "what's in it for me crowd." Why do you think the Koch brothers and other billionaires spend millions of dollars financing campaigns of people who would de-regulate their activities and neglect to prosecute even the laws the don't reverse? You think they give a sh*t about anything but their pocketbooks?

Whether you want unlimited gun rights, welfare, special tax breaks, Medicare, or whatever, there are few who aren't in the "what's in it for me crowd." If you think it's remotely "Patriotic" to undermine democracy because you don't like the outcome, I'd say it's you who needs to learn a little more about "accepted interpretations of fact based on historical evidence." I'm pretty certain you won't find a thing in the Constitution about promoting minority ruled dictatorships just because things don't go your way.
I guess your concept of a majority ruled dictatorship is the better model... I do not propose any of what you have indicated. First, I am and have never been in the "what's in it for me" crowd... secondly, I stand firm in my belief that only persons with an ownership interest in a country should have the right to vote yea or nay in any and all elections.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I guess your concept of a majority ruled dictatorship is the better model...
There is nothing remotely dictatorial about our current system of gov't. Christ, Obama can't even fill his cabinet seats let alone tell you how to live.

I do not propose any of what you have indicated.
That's refreshing, but I could have sworn you said you were "not for democracy if..." I generally hate dichotomies, but one is either for the American way or they aren't. Guns were allowed to protect us from forces that would take our democracy. They were not permitted so PO'd minorities could kill people with whom they disagree.

First, I am and have never been in the "what's in it for me" crowd... secondly, I stand firm in my belief that only persons with an ownership interest in a country should have the right to vote yea or nay in any and all elections.
What's an ownership interest? If you've worked 30 years and lose your job, should you lose your right to vote too? Should a kid with a day on the job have better voting rights than a guy 1 day into retirement after working 50 years? Should a student in her third year of medical school be prohibited from voting?

This "ownership" thing really needs some definition.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The only thing I don't understand about the whole issue, in both of our countries is this. We attain a certain age and we are eligible to drive a car..... Now depending on the type of vehicle we want to drive, we need to get a licence for it..and that means some testing is involved. If we pass, we get the next number or letter on our licence and off we go. So, why can't we do the same thing for guns? Take a test and depending on what type of gun we want to get.....black powder, revolver, semi auto, or an AR or an AK.....take a test, be successful, and then off to the gun store. Why doesn't anyone come up with something like that instead of bringing out the giant paint brush with ban guns paint and trying to cover everyone with it? :crzy:wac

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
we need to get a licence for it...Why doesn't anyone come up with something like that
Because that would be too sensible. You've got to understand that many who like their guns also believe in evil conspiracies that involve the gubament (who they otherwise consider completely inept) using such a national registry to find all the gun owners and strip them of their weaponry.

Somehow they don't mind filling out background check forms or talking endlessly about them and sharing their pictures online. I guess they figure law enforcement hasn't caught on to how IP addressing works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
. Why doesn't anyone come up with something like that instead of bringing out the giant paint brush with ban guns paint and trying to cover everyone with it? :crzy:wac
That sounds suspiciously pro-gun to me. Don't think you, or your logic, and especially not your reasonable discussion is welcome. It's obviously going to come down to no guns for anyone, or guns for everyone old enough to use the bathroom on their own. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
That sounds suspiciously pro-gun to me. Don't think you, or your logic, and especially not your reasonable discussion is welcome. It's obviously going to come down to no guns for anyone, or guns for everyone old enough to use the bathroom on their own. :D
LMAO.... I can see it now..... Reaching for the Charmin and burying a tritium site in my bucket..... Ooooops

1 - 20 of 22 Posts