Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I couldn't find anyone wanting to know about the new bike Victory is teasing us about. The wraps are coming off on January 20th and I can't wait. Been trying to figure what it might be. Let's see, they've done cruisers, baggers and tourers. Could it be a sport bike capable of becoming a sport-tourer? Or what popular H-D do you think is rife for the kill? My hope is that it's a sport bike. Why? A younger demographic that, when they tire of sporties, will graduate to other Victory products and hang in there longer than the 50 something (and older) H-D crowd. They're more sober and don't dress as funny either. But then, isn't the Harley thing really a costume party that starts with an overpriced and overrated bike? :ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
If you use the calander app in the invite link it says
bobber_intro_IMS
Kinda gives it away don't it???
And with Roland Sands making a custom version it doubly points to a bobber style bike.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Well, only 5 more days and we'll all find out.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the good people in Spirit Lake think Harley's Bobber is fair game. May the best bike win.

·
13,262 Posts
Well harley drop the Buell cause they are going broke and its not selling not enough power.
Harley say they are not selling bikes to young guys cause the bikes are not fast or affordable. They think the young guys want speakers to plug in there ipod or what ever and they want the chopper look.
I think its really something that motorcycle manufacturers can keep there new bike so secretive where as the car company's give you hints of whats coming. I like the way motorcycle keep every thing hush hush.
I'm going with a bobber its what the young guys are doing the most of.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Here's a hint:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree the youngsters like the bad to the bone look.
I am hopeful for a entry level bike. All of the other companies have smaller affordable bikes that you would be proud to own. That has a tendency to open ones eyes and possibly make them brand loyal. I still remember my Honda 550 four banger I bought new in the 70's. I eventually owned a 04 Wing, but recently sold it and bought another Vic, we now have two.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree the youngsters like the bad to the bone look.
Yeah? Like we need more of that in this country. What's with this trying to look like a bad ass idiot? What kind of an accomplishment is that? We riders have enough of a PR problem what with the loud pipe dufusses and the wannabe criminals. Oy!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah? Like we need more of that in this country. What's with this trying to look like a bad ass idiot? What kind of an accomplishment is that? We riders have enough of a PR problem what with the loud pipe dufusses and the wannabe criminals. Oy!

ain't it the truth

I am a alcohol and drug counselor, I know all about these tough guys/gals. Some of em kinda cool and almost of them are really funny in a way.

I will say some of them looks kinda kewl, but they are not for me.
I am waiting patiently though. 4 more days

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am hopeful for a entry level bike. All of the other companies have smaller affordable bikes that you would be proud to own. That has a tendency to open ones eyes and possibly make them brand loyal. I still remember my Honda 550 four banger I bought new in the 70's. I eventually owned a 04 Wing, but recently sold it and bought another Vic, we now have two.
I agree! I would like to have a bike that my girl could ride. As she doesn't need anything close to the size of my Jackpot.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
So........You were the worlds most self confident youth, and image meant nothing to you???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts