Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been having an issue with my Victory dealer.. I purchased a Hammer 8 ball back in early October. Almost 6 months later i still have NO registration and NO title for my credit union. The credit union is also less than pleased and on my a$$. So i am making payments on a bike i can not ride. Apparently the dealer messed up the paperwork and the registration was rejected by the good old state of PA. I need a copy of the rejection letter to fix the issue. I go to the dealer they call the department of transportation and tell me to wait 10 days for the letter. I've gone through this 4 times and over 50 days later NOTHING. I have also called to no avail. I was told to get an attorney and return the motorcycle for a refund. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You need to get in touch with the owner and see what he can do. If he won't help ask for the name and number for the regional manager. If you can't get the regional manager info post your problem on the Victory Motorcycles FaceBook page.

FaceBook is a good option because the whole world can see it. Chances are pretty that someone on there from Victory will help you shortly after you post.

One other option is to PM Dave Shelleny on here. Dave is a media guy for Victory that may know who can help you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have messaged Dave once before when i ordered my bike. He was very helpful. I just could not remember his last name. It is just one very frusturating situation.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Contact your local newspaper and TV stations. They usually have functions to help with consumer problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 weeks ago i was in and out of the dealer 6 times. Even checked with a fast tags place. They said they could take care of the issue but need the original paperwork. Of course the lady at the dealer would not give it. I gone as far as to give her a paper that has step by step info on how to apply for a temporary registration extention. She said she would fill it out right away and call me. That was 2 weeks ago!

·
13,188 Posts
Sorry for you. Get a lawyer and go after them for more then what you owe.
You singed a contract so keep making your payments and tell your credit union what your doing.

Make sure you get your lawyers fee's paid for and take them to small clamis court.
Your going to have to find a new dealer cause this one will not forget you.
Keep a tablet with you and write down every ones name and what they say so you know who said what.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dealers Mistake

You have the right to return the bike & get a refund for all your expenses. It's clearly the dealers mistake. Since you can't use the bike as it was intended to, this is a breach of an implied contact. Try your State Attorney General. If you must sue, try a higher court than small claims because you award would be limited. I sounds like you're out alot of money. I wish you the best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke with the dealership owner wednesday. They called the department of transportation again. This time a copy of the registration rejection letter is getting sent to them. If i get no where this time i will contact the police. I also contacted Victory and am waiting to hear back from them. My new question is??? My warranty is 6 months in and still i am unable to ride. They better extend it, if this ever gets taken care of..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Spoke with the dealership owner wednesday. They called the department of transportation again. This time a copy of the registration rejection letter is getting sent to them. If i get no where this time i will contact the police. I also contacted Victory and am waiting to hear back from them. My new question is??? My warranty is 6 months in and still i am unable to ride. They better extend it, if this ever gets taken care of..
The police won't do anything, it's a civil matter. You need an attorney.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts